Living Water Lutheran Church is a new church in a new denomination. The North American Lutheran Church formed in August, 2010 and is a Christ-centered, mission-driven, traditionally-grounded, congregationally-focused denomination within the body of Christ
on earth. It affirms the Bible as the written Word of God, and as the authoritative source and norm, “according to which all doctrines should and must be judged.” Living Water Lutheran Church formed as a mission congregation in January, 2011 and has been
actively serving its members and the world beyond the church’s walls in the name of Jesus Christ ever since. In that short time, Living Water has participated in multiple local and global missions, including outreach to people living in local low-income housing,
reaching out to the community through our sports ministry, tornado relief in Joplin, Missouri and Henryville, Indiana, earthquake relief in Haiti, and home repair in Memphis. Living Water is also supporting a full-time missionary in east Asia. These are
only of a few of the many activities in which we participate as an expression of our thanks to God for the grace given to us through the action of His Holy Spirit, and who has redeemed us through the death and resurrection of His Son, Jesus Christ.
Position Title: Church Secretary
Reports to: Senior Pastor
The church secretary supports the staff and ministry of Living Water Lutheran Church by managing and performing the day to day operation of the church office. Responsibilities include:
- Prepare bulletins and inserts for all services, and make copies available before each service.
- Gather information for, compose, and distribute the weekly electronic newsletter.
- Prepare and distribute any handouts, fliers, announcements, etc. for church events.
- Prepare announcements and advertising concerning church events, and submit them to local media outlets.
- Accept payment for events and activities, and maintain accurate records of payments.
- Maintain office equipment, the inventory of office supplies, and order supplies as needed.
- Supervise office volunteers who assist the office staff.
- Answer incoming phone calls competently, and greet and assist visitors to the church office.
- Schedule rooms and keep information for outside groups using the church facility.
- Assist with and shop for supplies for church events, maintaining accurate records and receipts.
- Make bank deposits of offerings.
- Assist the staff and ministry leaders in supporting the ministries of the church.
- Use Microsoft Office: Word, Publisher, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Use the internet for research and to purchase supplies.
- Use email.
- Use office equipment including computer/printer, copier, telephone and voicemail, and fax machine.
- Maintain confidentiality.
For more information, please contact council president Trish Vulgamore at firstname.lastname@example.org. To apply, please contact the council president.