This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Media Production Coordinator
Simpsonville, South Carolina, United States
Date Posted: 09/16/2008
Denominations: Baptist --SBC
Church Size: 5001 to 7500
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Description – MEDIA PRODUCTION COORDINATOR
Standard Work Schedule - Full Time salaried position
Background, Skills, and Experience:
- Minimum, but proven, five years experience in creative arts media (or equivalent), with preference given for candidates with non-profit or large church experience. Must have a total of 5+ years combined experience in creative arts to include: communications, graphics design, marketing, video, lighting, stage design, sound and/or web-site design. At least three years of this experience must be hands-on as an individual contributor.
- Should have earned a minimum of an Associates degree in a related area of study, with a Bachelor’s degree preferred. Additional years of proven experience may be considered in lieu of degrees earned. Must have proven experience in creating, managing and delivering a multi-sensory experience through media arts. Must have project management skills: an ability to distribute projects across teams of staff and volunteers. Must be creative, intuitive and artistic. Must have a passion for quality and excellence. Must be able to provide examples of pieces (electronic, audio/visual, or hard-copy) that show creativity and innovation that were created or managed by candidate.
- Understanding of budgeting and management of spending
- Use of the following tools to support office administration and creative arts functions: Microsoft Windows XP and Microsoft Office XP, Internet and Outlook Web Access. Knowledge of the following programs: Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator , InDesign, Quark, DreamWeaver, FlashPro, PHP, Final Cut Pro, Motion, SQL Databases, DVD Studio Pro, Adobe Premier 1.5, AfterEffects, or other media technology equivalents.
- Must have a Godly Character – respectable; self-controlled; generous; honorable, seeking personal spiritual growth and encourages growth in others.
- Leadership skills: Lead staff and volunteer teams
- People coordination, delegation and motivational skills
- Strong organization and follow up skills, deadline driven environment
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the media responsibilities of Brookwood by:
- Collaborating with Communications Director, as well as, pastoral staff to take ideas/concepts and transform them into a multi-sensory media experience
- Identifying and seizing opportunities to effectively assimilate new technologies to reach our congregation.
- Enhance the worship experience and other activities with creative communication through a variety of media.
- Oversees the production and media departments to provide creative technical support for all worship services, productions and other activities
- Collaborate with and manage the efforts of employees, peers, and outside contractors in the following ministry areas:
- Production and media: involves audio, lighting, staging, video production and other technical arts affiliated with worship services and other productions
- Manage spending in accordance with approved budgets
- Direct the efforts of the Video Team in the creation of ministry-related video pieces:
- Direct the taping of personal testimonies from a creative standpoint to draw out a compelling story
- Direct the taping and photographing of Brookwood events, such baptisms, outreach, adult, and children’s events in order to create raw material for future use
- Direct the editing of raw video into final presentations from a creative communications standpoint, supported by video and audio technicians
- Develop and grow teams of volunteers
- Works with Communications director on service planning and creative enhancement
- Coordinates the activities of the production, and media in an effort to provide a quality internet presence for the church
- Continually researches to stay on top of trends and developments in technology, creativity and communication and implements any changes needed
- Development and Performance Management
- Formal performance reviews will be held once a year.
- Training and development will be determined with Supervisor.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org or fax: 864-688-8201.