This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director for Media Arts
Mount Vernon Baptist Church
Richmond , Virginia, United States
Date Posted: 09/16/2008
Denominations: Baptist --SBC
Church Size: 1501 to 2000
Job Type: Part-Time
In charge of preparing words, lyrics, scripture, video and other media like needs into Media Shout. Also is in charge of the tech team which run the lights and sound for services.
Primary Ministry Functions:
1. Assist people in experiencing the presence of God using a spectrum of technological resources specifically visual media including lighting.
? Participate in weekly worship planning meetings**
? Ensure that the flow of media is consistent, smooth & enhances the worship experience
? Make last minute adjustments efficiently and in the spirit of servant hood
? Use technology to amplify the message of God
? Design & implement the media needs for weekend worship services & special services as requested
2. Support technological needs within the Worship Arts Ministry specifically the Pastor’s messages, musical & other creative elements..
? Prepare all visual media to support sermon, musical & other creative elements accurately & in a timely manner
? Creatively select the visual & appropriate mediums to support messages & series’ themes
? Create original video material as well as edit other material as needed or requested
? Video tape all sermons, special messages, & other services as requested
? Purchase equipment & supplies within the budget of the ministry
? Maintain & repair equipment as needed
? Approve requests for audio & visual support
3. Reform & grow a skilled technology team that is capable of giving support to our regular weekend needs (worship services including Celebrate Recovery) as well as special events as requested from other ministry areas such as Spiritual Formation, etc.
? Invite volunteers who have expressed an interest in technology to become a part of this ministry
? Train & cross-train all volunteers in the use of technical audio & visual equipment
? Build relationships & a team/servant-hood culture
? Communicate on a regular basis with team members to ensure weekend assignments are made
? Lead “Amplify” Team meetings and training sessions
? Staff tech both with trained team members
? Provide leadership and direction to volunteers in the tech booth
4. Serve as a team member of the Worship Arts Ministry.
? Attend weekly all-staff meetings**
? Participate in periodic planning meetings
? Contributes to budget planning process
? Research new ways to present information & locate material relevant to certain songs or messages
? Attend Contemporary Worship Team rehearsals & make any necessary changes**
? Stay on the cutting edge technically & improve the use of technical arts to enhance the ministries of the church
5. Support and adhere to goals and expectations set forth from the church
• In order to reach our goals as a church and as a church staff in serving Christ and the church we need to embody the values that will help us be successful. The following values have become a formal part of the expectations for conduct incumbent upon each staff member
o Christ Centered
o Mutual Respect
o Sensitivity to People
? Prepare for all worship services on Sunday mornings
? Prepare for Wednesday evening services
? Prepare for Celebrate Recovery services on Friday evening
? Prepare for Student worship times on Sunday evenings (as requested)
? Participate in weekly worship planning sessions currently on Mondays, 3 p.m.
? Attend weekly all-staff meetings currently on Thursdays, 11 a.m.
? Support Contemporary Worship Team (CWT) rehearsals currently on Thursday evenings