The worship coordinator is responsible for the execution and quality of worship services. They will also have a role to play in determining some of the content. AV, music and creative personnel report to this position. This position works with the senior pastor, associate pastors, communications, hospitality, and administrative staff. While this is primarily an administrative/management position it requires a good understanding and appreciation of all styles of worship and music.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Ensure quality and execution of worship services. Weekly post analyze each worship service with the preaching pastor, assisting pastor, music leader, technical team, and other players. Will work with pastors and management to establish required standards.
- Work with each service to make sure that requirements are met. This will include specific themes and messages for a given Sunday or for a sermon series. While different worship services will have different styles, there are some aspects or "messages" that must be incorporated in ways appropriate to the style.
- This position does not have responsibility for sermon content. However, they will be "at the table" to offer input appropriate to the achievement of our goals. They will also have a role, possibly primary role, in coming up with creative content.
- Work with the music leaders for each service to select music that appropriately supports the sermon and theme for a given Sunday.
- Work with pastors, management, and communications to help our worship services support and communicate our vision and strategy. This includes but is not limited to creative content within the service.
- Choreograph in detail every element of the worship service. A partial list includes announcements, videos, special events, baptisms, and communion.
- Coordinate with others who have Sunday morning responsibilities. The goal is to have simplicity and coherency in the entire Sunday morning experience.
- Schedule baptisms. Interact with individuals and families requesting baptism. Prepare documentation.
- Provide the order of service for every worship service to communications for inclusion in the bulletin.
- Work with the AV technical team to produce a detailed minute-by-minute script for each worship service.
- Work with the preaching pastors and the team that creates the Sermon Journal to offer guidance on content. Looking for coherency and consistency with sermons, vision, and strategy.
- In some areas, eg, communion, it will be necessary to recruit and train volunteers to prepare for and assist in the service.
- Comfortable with all styles of music and worship, seeing each as equally valid and valuable.
- Education, training, and experience in worship and music is preferred.
- Management experience sufficient to the considerable demands of the position.
- Proven ability to recruit, train, and work with volunteers.
- Ability to manage and coordinate with a wide range of positions including pastors, technical, creative, communications, administrative, and management.
- Ability and willingness to manage and personally execute detailed work.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Youth Pastor and Worship PastorVinewood Church
- Lodi, California
- October 25
Minister of Modern Music / Media CoordinatorFremont Presbyterian Church
- Sacramento, California
- October 23
Director of Worship MinistriesCrossroads Community Cathedral
- East Hartford, Connecticut
- October 23
Worship MinisterSouth Gate Baptist Church
- Springfield, Missouri
- October 22
Vail Christian Church- Worship PastorVanderbloemen Search Group
- Tucson, Arizona
- October 21
Vision: Developing all generations for significant lives in Christ
Marks of a Christian at Asbury
- Worship and obey Christ
- Learn and live out scripture
- Influence and invite others to follow Christ
- Steward time, skills and resources
- United with the Body of Christ