Associate Director - Children’s Ministries
Peachtree City United Methodist Church
The Associate Director of Children’s Ministries shall be employed under the direction of the Staff-Parish Relations Ministry Team and will serve under the guidance, evaluation and supervision of the Director of Children’s Ministries with support from the
Staff-Parish Relations Ministry Team. This is a full-time position requiring approximately 37 ½ hours per week.
The Associate Director of Children’s Ministries will provide support to the Director in all areas of Children’s Ministries as well as primary oversight for many parts of the Worship component to Children’s Ministry. The Associate Director will also have
the responsibility for recruiting and equipping volunteers, or assisting in this process, for all areas assigned.
- Provide primary oversight of all Children’s Ministries Worship programming including Sunday AM Large Group, stage design, audio/visual needs, elements, traditions, props, Large Group Leader support, Large Group volunteer scheduling, lesson/curriculum
adjustments and implementation into Kid’s Church, etc… (Please note: Praise Team will be organized by DCM)
- Serve as weekly Worship Leader for Sunday AM Large Group for Kindergarten – 2nd grades.
- Create and work with Prep Assistant and Nursery Staff in Angels-Prek on Kids Church materials, props, etc...
- Summer Camp Worship including open/close Large Group time, all skits, music selection, recruitment of actors/musicians/dancers, daily themes interactive with worship component, training/teaching/practicing prior to and week of Camp.
- Provide primary oversight for Summer Sunday’s children’s programs (June/July/August) including recruitment, training, scheduling, curriculum planning and distribution, room set up and tear down, supplies, communication and publicity, etc…
- Prep weekly lessons for Kindergarten through 5th grade including coordination with Prep Assistants.
- Manage curriculum for Kindergarten through 5th grade- 3 Curriculums (K-2, 3rd, 4/5th)
- Assisting Director of Children’s Ministries in volunteer recruitment and support for all Sunday AM programming.
- Assist Director of Children’s Ministries in special event programming.
- Summer Camp assistance including recruitment, training, creativity, planning, prep work and implementation.
- Attend Children’s Ministries conferences and committee/staff meetings per Director of Children’s Ministries.
- Coordinate and organize all prop closets for Children’s Ministry.
- Classroom management on all classrooms for Kindergarten through 5th grade including bulletin boards, cabinets, supplies, and classroom organization.