Associate Pastor (Discipleship)
New Life Community Church
The person called to this ministry must be in agreement with New Life’s statement of faith, mission, vision and core values and must have a passion for the ministry of the church. They must also have the qualifications of an Elder, as outlined in I Timothy 3.
The pastor called to this ministry will need the spiritual maturity, experience, and spiritual giftedness to give leadership to the church body with a special focus on Discipleship. The Associate Pastor will develop a ministry team to assist in leading discipleship LIFE groups. The Discipleship Pastor will need to have the ability and availability to shepherd & pastor believers of all ages who want to grow deeper in their walk with Christ.
I. ADULT SMALL GROUP LEADERSHIP
1. Recruit and train new Small Group leaders.
2. Hold quarterly Small Group leaders meeting for the purpose of encouragement,
motivation, fellowship and conflict resolution.
3. Ensure that ALL new converts at NLCC are given the opportunity to get connected to a
“New Believer’s” discipleship group.
4. Ensure that LIFE groups are using materials that are in agreement with the NLCC
Statement of Faith
5. Meet individually with Small Group leaders throughout the year for the purpose of
personal care and prayer.
6. Work with Sr. Pastor to develop a system to effectively keep in touch with church members
when they are absent from service
II. PASTORAL RELATIONS
1. Be a member of the Pastoral team.
2. Report directly to the Senior Pastor
3. Participate and contribute as needed in Elder’s Meetings.
4. Report to the Elder Board through written reports as often as required.
5. Maintain a spirit of unity with Elders, Sr. Pastor and other Staff members. Any
conflicts or disagreements should be handled privately and biblically (Matt.18)
6. Shepherd & pastor church members of all ages, (teens through adults) assisting
them in developing spiritual disciplines in their life as they mature in Christ.
III. OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Assist Sr. Pastor in special services including Christmas Eve Services and Ministry to
the local Nursing Homes.
2. Assist Sr. Pastor as needed in the Planning, preparation and presentation of the Gospel
in the Weekend services.
3. Be present and participate at the Saturday night service (6pm) and both Sunday Morning
services (9am & 11am)
* PLEASE SUBMIT RESUMES TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Worship LeaderFirst United Methodist Church of Slidell
- Slidell, Louisiana
- December 2
Operations PastorVertical Church
- Durham Area, North Carolina
- December 2
"Gang Church" Lead PastorInFaith
- Fresno, California
- December 1
Church Planter in Central NebraskaInFaith
- central, Nebraska
- December 1
Associate Pastor for Community Connection and Life DevelopmentFBC Mableton
- Mableton, Georgia
- November 30