The Administrative Assistant is responsible for the church office and all the duties that requires.
Qualifications for Administrative Assistant
1. A born-again Christian who shall be an active member of a local church.
2. An appreciation and respect of people, along with strong relational skills.
3. Possess a heart for ministry and service, and an approach to responsibilities that reflects this.
4. Ability and willingness to work with multiple staff and what is required from each.
5. Organizational skills.
6. Experience in administrative or secretarial work. Work with Automated Church Systems (training available); copiers, printers, Microsoft Office (Word, Power Point, Publisher, Excel and Outlook), multi-phone system, folding machines.
7. Available to work 40 hours weekly.
8. Ability to work independently to accomplish tasks including preparation of bulletins, newsletters, calendars, letters, business meeting reports and other types of paper work.
9. Able to perform occasional errands (i.e. post office, Office Depot) requiring transportation (mileage is reimbursable).
Duties of Administrative Assistant
1. Be responsible for administration of the Church office during established office hours.
2. Acting Secretary for the Leadership Team meetings (meetings scheduled monthly on a weeknight in the evening).
3. Coordinate volunteers for special events, including attending scheduled event to oversee/assist volunteers (may occur weeknights or weekends).
4. Maintain a records and reporting system (i.e. ACS) that will assist in the activities of the church and the monitoring of numerical and spiritual growth of our body of believers, including membership information, attendance and reports, mailings, e-mail
lists, etc. Ensure accuracy of numerical data reported at Business Meetings.
5. Be in charge of various aspects of the alarm system, including managing/assigning alarm codes for multiple buildings, communicating with alarm company, etc.
6. Other miscellaneous office management including but not limited to:
answer church phones and take messages when needed
- maintain Church Calendar
- publicize church activities
- process/handle daily mail
- process second and third class bulk mailings
- prepare memorial letters
- prepare, edit and mail newsletter
- create & prepare weekly bulletin
- relay prayer request
- sign checks
- manage petty cash book
- coordinate volunteer office help
- organize office files
- purchase supplies
- place orders for literature
- order stationary
- prepare legal papers (welfare exemption, workman’s comp, insurance claims, etc.)
- make plane and hotel reservations for guest speakers
- acclimate new employees to office equipment (phones, alarm, copier, etc.)
- create Power Point presentations and sermon notes into computer coordinate use of facilities and buildings
7. Confidentiality is of the utmost importance since as will be required to routinely handle a substantial amount of confidential data.
8. Perform other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
This position reports to the Senior Pastor. In the absence of the Senior Pastor, the position will be supervised by the Pastor of Administration and/or the Personnel Team.
This is a permanent, full-time position of 40 hours a week. The provisions for permanent, full-time employees in our Personnel Policy shall apply. This policy provides vacation and sick pay, along with insurance coverage.
As needed for scheduled absences exceeding four (4) hours, the Administrative Assistant may arrange for office relief staff to cover office hours and necessary duties.
If required for meetings and special events, overtime hours may be prior approved and will be paid.
The Administrative Assistant position is a non-ministerial staff position, and may be filled by a qualified individual selected by the Personnel Team.