This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Apex United Methodist Church
Apex, North Carolina, United States
Date Posted: 09/12/2008
Denominations: United Methodist
Church Size: 1001 to 1500
Job Type: Full-Time
General Requirements: The selected candidate must be a mature Christian with a clear sense of calling
to serve Christ utilizing their management and leadership skills.
This position is involved in all facets of the church’s operation and is responsible for coordinating the church’s administrative and communications systems to help the church to effectively connect,
communicate and place people in ministry. This position reports to the Executive Director and supervises
the Office Administrator and Communications Coordinator.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Continually explore ways to improve the church’s administrative and communication systems.
2. Lead the administrative team (office administrator, receptionist and office volunteers) in managing the
church office and providing support to ministry leaders.
3. Oversee the reservation process for congregational groups to utilize the church campus. Church-wide
calendar management including coordination with the electronic door locking system.
4. Oversee and continually improve the church’s internal and external communications tools (i.e., bulletin,
Crosspoints, webpage, Pathways, ministry directory, church brochure, bulletin boards, phone tree,
banners, local advertising etc.)
5. Continually explore ways for people in the congregation to connect with one another (i.e., interactive
web page) and provide support for the creation and implementation of systems to support such efforts.
6. Oversee the visitor and member participation tracking systems (i.e., pew pads & ministry community
participation forms, etc.) providing the necessary reports for volunteers and staff to follow up with
visitors and re-connect with persons we have not seen in a while.
7. Oversee membership records completing necessary conference reports
8. Oversee the volunteer/ staff screening processes (i.e., submitting Safe Sanctuary criminal record checks)
9. Oversee the process of distributing the Pastor’s Discretionary Fund
10. Represent the Operations Neighborhood at church wide gatherings (i.e., semester kick off events) and
staff meetings as needed
11. Facilitate meetings of the Operations staff as needed. Assist administrative staff with answering
incoming calls, accepting deliveries, bulk mail coordination and proof reading of materials.
12. Lead special projects as directed by the Executive Director and Lead Pastor, providing administrative
support to the Lead Pastor as needed, lead staff meetings in Executive Director’s absence and assist in
follow up of staff meeting action items as needed.
13. Coordinate/schedule baptisms, weddings, funerals and new baby recognitions
14. Oversee the administrative staff in referring congregational care requests to the appropriate
Congregational Care Contact
15. Submit and manage the church office and communications budgets
16. Oversee the church administrative staff in maintaining office business machines (copier, postage meter,
fax etc) and office supplies
1.Minimum of 5 years relevant work experience
2.Have excellent people skills. A self-starter who is a team player and team builder
3.Have excellent management skills
4.Able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and be organized, flexible and personable
5.Have superior oral and written communications skills
6.Excellent computer skills proficient in word processing, data base systems (i.e., Automated Church Systems) and spread sheet software