This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Compassion Corner (Homeless Ministry)
First Presbyterian Church of Orlando
Orlando, Florida, United States
Date Posted: 09/11/2008
Denominations: Presbyterian -- PCUSA
Church Size: 4001 to 5000
Job Type: Full-Time
First Presbyterian Church of Orlando is seeking a Director for its ministry to the homeless. The Compassion Corner is a well established, faith-based ministry to the homeless in downtown Orlando. The Corner is a vital part of the mission ministry of the Church. This person is responsible for all aspects of the Compassion Corner, such as staffing, budget, fundraising, programs, philosophy, policies, procedures, curriculum, volunteers, etc.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent related experience. Master’s degree preferred.
• 2 – 5 years of compassion/ministry related experience required
• Certifications: Certified Addiction Professional (CAP) or Certified Associate Addiction Professional (CAAP) preferred
• Strong leadership and management skills.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and problem solving skills
• Strong administrative and budget management skills
• Fundraising experience a must.
• Marketing and grant writing experience a plus.
• Manage the daily operations of the Compassion Corner, which includes ensuring that twice daily Bibles studies are provided, that trained volunteers are available, that facilities are clean and operable and the atmosphere is safe and welcoming.
• Counsel and assess/evaluate client needs daily. Contact other agencies that are able to assist the client and make referrals as necessary.
• Coordinate the weekly Good News Worship and Breakfast Service, which includes securing a teacher and musician; ensuring that food is available and volunteers are on hand to prepare/serve meal and to set-up/clean-up facilities.
• Oversee the annual fundraising event, Taste of Compassion.
• Recruit, develop and motivate volunteers to do outreach and to serve as teachers, counselors and ministry council members.
Sorry – no relocation benefits available with this position.