CHILDREN'S MINISTRY DIRECTOR
South Park Baptist Church in Alvin, TX is looking for a part-time Children’s Ministry Director to participate on the Family Ministry Team and minister to families with children (infants – 5th grade).
We are seeking a person that has a passionate and contagious faith in Jesus Christ as well as leadership experience in the area of ministry to children and their families. They will lead volunteers and lay teams to plan and implement an engaging learning
environment for our preschool through 5th graders on Sunday mornings (both large and small group settings) and discipleship programs (TeamKid, R.A.’s & G.A.’s and Mission Friends). The ideal candidate will be creative, energetic, technologically advanced,
and possess the ability to motivate others. They will be expected to enhance programs already in place and create new initiatives under the direction of the Minister of Discipleship and Missions, and in cooperation with the Family Ministry Team to create a
strong children’s ministry growing in faith, maturity, size, and influence. The focus will be on building strong ministries and equipping families to build Christ-centered homes.
• Participate on the Family Ministry Team and collaborate as a motivated creative team member to plan and execute the church-wide Family Ministry. Serve as an advocate for the spiritual formation of all Children with other ministries within SPBC and the
- Responsible for ministry development, resourcing and oversight of the children’s (birth-5th grade) ministries including the related calendar and budget preparation and coordination.
• Responsible for the recruiting, training and mentoring of volunteers and the multiplication of lay leadership.
• Build a children’s ministry that is highly intentional about equipping parents and families and celebrating family as the most critical place where discipleship happens. Including strategic milestones as children and parents progress through our program.
• Provide clear opportunities for older children to understand how to accept Christ and the basics of baptism.
• Be a life long learner through seminars conferences and keeping up with innovations in ministry.
• Oversight of “teachers” through, but not limited to, screening, ongoing training, and appreciation.
• Plan and provide for the security of children and teachers involved with Children’s Ministry (i.e. security check-in and retrieval, evacuation plan, volunteer screening, first-aid, CPR training).
• Responsible for the creation and development of strategic events including, but not limited to Backyard Bible Club, VBS, Baby Dedication, etc.
• Fully Support the SPBC Core Values of Making Disciples, Maturing Believers and Multiplying Missions.
• Bachelors Degree (Graduate level study would be considered a plus)
• 2-3 years experience in children’s ministry and/or children’s education
• Experience recruiting and leading volunteer teams
• A Christian testimony, personal soul winner and disciple maker
• Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills
Continual walking and standing; moderate lifting and carrying; climbing stooping, bending, kneeling and reaching. Work outside and inside.
Authorize and submit to background investigation and credit check
Salary: This is a part-time ministry position with compensation commensurate with the experience and skill level of the successful candidate.
Interested candidates are encouraged to send a resume to Keith Moore, Minister of Discipleship and Missions, at email@example.com.