This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Park Street Brethren Church
Ashland, Ohio, United States
Date Posted: 09/10/2008
Categories: Senior Pastor
Church Size: 751 to 1000
Job Type: Full-Time
To provide pastoral leadership that casts the vision for the church and staff. To provide leadership that ensures the Gospel message is communicated powerfully toward life change, that biblical Truth is taught, that our church body is equipped to serve as disciples, and that we’re reaching the community outside our walls for Christ.
The Lead Pastor shall:
• Engage in personal prayer and study of scripture that leads not only to spiritual growth for self but also for entire church community.
• Provide visionary and strategic leadership for the life and ministry of the church, bringing discernment and focus to priorities that support the vision.
• Develop the congregation as a ministering body that cares for one another and a missional body that reaches those outside the church walls for Christ.
• Lead, equip, and provide accountability for the Lead Staff Team as they carry out the vision of the church.
• Preach and teach the Gospel according to his/her spiritual gifts and abilities.
• Fulfill the sacerdotal duties of the pastoral office (i.e. weddings, funerals, ordinances) as appropriate, or ensure that other members of the Lead Staff do so.
NECESSARY ATTITUDES, SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
The Lead Pastor must possess:
• The scriptural qualifications of the position as outlined in I Tim. 3:1-7; Titus 1:6-9.
• A proven track record as a pastoral leader.
• A Master of Divinity degree from an accredited seminary.
• The ability to cast a God-given vision and lead people toward that vision.
• The ability to effectively lead and manage the Lead Staff to accomplish church goals.
• Well-developed interpersonal skills. Ability to get along with diverse personalities. Tactful, mature, and flexible demeanor.
• Solid verbal and written communication skills in all areas of pastoral leadership.
• Christian character and a Christ-like attitude.
• Competency to fulfill the purpose and professional responsibilities of this position.
• The attitude of a life-long learner with a teachable attitude.
• Required certifications with the Ohio Conference of the Brethren Church, General Conference of the Brethren Church, and the State of Ohio (or must obtain within first year of employment).
The Lead Pastor will:
• Give final approval to the Executive Director in developing Lead Staff job descriptions and oversee the fulfillment of all responsibilities assigned.
• Communicate regularly with each member of the Lead Staff regarding his/her effectiveness in meeting agreed-upon goals and conduct an annual evaluation of each member of the Lead Staff Team.
• Oversee the Executive Director to ensure that church finances, policies/procedures, support staff, facilities, staff/board training, and other operations are positioned to carry out the vision.
• Seek regular input from the Lead Staff, Leadership Board and other ministry leaders to discover new ministry opportunities, assess the status of existing ministries, and stimulate creativity and ownership in the PSBC mission and vision.
• Work with the Leadership Board and Lead Staff to monitor the overall health of the church and present periodic assessments of the state of the church to the Leadership Board and congregation.
• Serve as the pastoral staff liaison to Deacons/Deaconesses, and provide biblical guidance that supports and encourages their role at PSBC.
PERSONAL GROWTH & DEVELOPMENT
The Lead Pastor should:
• Have a maturing personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord, growing in Christ likeness and striving to be a living example of His teachings.
• Seek the guidance of the Holy Spirit through a healthy personal devotional life of prayer and time in God’s Word.
• Annually create a plan for his/her continuing spiritual formation.
• Participate in opportunities for continuing education that he/she and the Leadership Board deem necessary to effectively fulfill his duties and responsibilities.
We will accept resumes through Nov. 1, 2008.