This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Children's Ministry Director
Houston, Texas, United States
Date Posted: 09/10/2008
Categories: Children's Pastor
Church Size: Not Applicable
Job Type: Full-Time
CHILDREN’S MINISTRY DIRECTOR
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
At lifepath church, we want to help each child put his or her faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and grow in a relationship with him. In order to be faithful in doing this, we are looking for a Children’s Ministry Director to oversee and coordinate a cohesive and age-appropriate ministry for children ages birth through 5th grade.
lifepath church is located in a suburban area of northwest Houston. The church was formed in April, 2008, with around 350 members. Our Sunday morning worship services are held in a junior high school in the Cypress Fairbanks Independent School District. We are a congregation in the Evangelical Presbyterian Church denomination.
Our children’s ministry is composed of three major parts on Sunday mornings. Our Family Worship Service is designed for children in kindergarten through 5th grade and their parents. It uses humorous and engaging drama as well as songs and media to teach core biblical virtues. In this service, parents worship with their children and are supported in their responsibilities of nurturing their children. Kids Community is our Sunday school for children. The same virtues that are presented in the Family Worship Service are discussed in a small group environment. Kids Zone is our large group program for kids that runs concurrent with our contemporary worship service. It provides kids with a fellowship time as well as another reinforcement of the core virtues.
1. Oversee the Family Worship Service, Kids Community, and Kids Zone.
2. Recruit, train, support, and celebrate volunteers and adult leaders in order to create and maintain effective ministry teams.
3. Acquire or develop curriculum and other resources for the Family Worship Service, Kids Community, and Kids Zone that will support spiritual growth.
4. Develop opportunities to strengthen parents for their role as spiritual leaders of their children.
5. Work with church staff and elders to create and execute new ministry opportunities.
6. Review and implement church policies and procedures regarding the safety and protection of the children.
7. Oversee the hiring and coordinating of qualified childcare workers.
8. Develop and manage budget for children’s ministry.
9. Attend weekly staff meetings and other staff development events.
1. Work or volunteer experience in childhood/Christian education and children’s ministry
2. Bachelor’s degree
Please submit resumes to jobs@lifepathHouston.com.