This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
St Peters, Missouri, United States
Date Posted: 12/10/2008
Categories: Senior Pastor
Denominations: Evangelical Free
Church Size: 2501 to 3000
Job Type: Full-Time
Calvary Church Lead Pastor Position Profile
Calvary Church in Saint Peters, MO, is searching for a Lead Pastor passionate about deepening the spiritual walk of God’s people while at the same time reaching out to those who don’t normally attend church. Abundantly blessed with rapid congregational growth over the last ten years and strategically-placed facilities in the fastest growing area in Saint Louis, Calvary hosts a variety of creative outreach activities that impact the community and advance God’s kingdom. With a weekly attendance of over 2500 at three diverse campuses, Calvary currently offers a variety of contemporary worship experiences and vibrant ministries to children, youth, and those at every stage of adult life. An active small group ministry is where friends become family and our large church becomes smaller. With a concern for the lost and least, Calvary partners with local, national, and international missions efforts through active service and evangelistic opportunities. Appreciating His sovereign hand and direction throughout our 46-year history, this dynamic body of believers eagerly and prayerfully anticipates God’s vision for the future.
Basic Position Qualifications
• Education: M. Div minimum
• Pastoral Record: A significant number of years in ministry, including experience as a Teaching or Senior/Lead Pastor, with a demonstrated ability to oversee a large lead staff and lay ministry teams at a church of 500+ in attendance
• Communication: Communicates with clarity and passion
• Giftedness – Teaching and Leadership
• Characteristics – Integrity; Excellence; Accountability; Humility; Evidence of a maturing Christian walk; A grateful attitude; Healthy Family and Personal Relationships
• Preaching: Makes the study, teaching and preaching of God’s Word his primary duty.
• Spiritual Leadership: Works with the Elders to model servant leadership and provide overall spiritual guidance to the church and its ministries.
• Leadership Development: Facilitates ongoing spiritual and ministry training to the staff and Elders, and the development of leadership training throughout the church.
• Strategic Planning: Provides biblical vision and spiritual direction for the church that will best achieve the church’s vision and mission.
• Staff oversight: Works closely with the Executive Pastor to ensure the vision and mission is being properly organized and carried out by the rest of the staff.
• Team Ministry: Works within a team environment to uphold biblical values and to facilitate the ministry of the church.
• Elder: Participates in Elder meetings as a voting member of the Elder Board.
• Organization: The Lead Pastor reports to the Elder Board; the Executive Pastor reports directly to the Lead Pastor.
Please respond to www.calvarypastor.com OR email resume to email@example.com