This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Hillcrest Bible Church
Oregon, Wisconsin, United States
Date Posted: 09/08/2008
Categories: Senior Pastor
Church Size: Not Applicable
Job Type: Full-Time
Position: The Lead Pastor is to be an inspired preacher and teacher of God’s Word. The Lead Pastor is also an Elder who provides spiritual and doctrinal guidance to the Pastoral Staff, Elders and congregation. His Biblically-based visionary leadership drives church decisions, ministries and evangelistic outreach while guiding all to become fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ.
The Lead Pastor shall be responsible for shepherding the congregation and reports directly to the Elder Board. He disciples church leaders as they reach out to the congregation and the community. He guides strategies and opportunities to evangelize the community and the world.
He provides effective and inspired Biblical messages to the body of believers and those who do not know Jesus Christ.
The Lead Pastor oversees:
• Pastoral Staff
Visionary Leadership & Ministry Direction
• Leads and assists the Elders in developing and evaluating church vision.
• Develops a strategic plan with Pastoral Staff and Directors to implement that vision.
• Communicates and clarifies the vision, strategies, and goals of the church to the congregation.
• Trains and inspires the Pastoral Staff, Elder Board, church leaders and the church body to minister effectively.
• Maintains an accountability relationship within the Elder Board.
Preaching, Teaching, Prayer & Study
• Effectively communicates the Gospel, sound Biblical doctrine, and application of God’s Word.
• Seeks God’s will for His church through earnest prayer.
• Studies the Scriptures diligently and continually grows in Bible knowledge.
Evangelism & Outreach
• Cultivates relationships with neighbors, the local community and its leaders as well as people in the surrounding area.
• Creates evangelistic strategies to reach out to the local community.
• Promotes and supports local and global missions.
Discipleship and Pastoral Care
• Disciples in one-on-one relationships.
• Encourages, coaches and reviews activities and spiritual life of Pastoral Staff and Directors.
• Identifies, develops and trains potential leaders.
• Is available to the congregation for counsel, weddings, funeral services, baby dedications and baptisms as able and needed.
• Required: Minimum of 6 years of full-time ministry experience with at least 2 of those years directly over seeing full-time pastoral staff.
• Required: Full-time pastoral experience.
• Extensive preaching experience.
• Leadership development and coaching of Pastoral Staff or teams in vocational or ministry settings.
• Skills in the fields of strategic planning, communication and implementation of ministry for both small and large group settings.
• Capital campaign experience is a plus.
• Required: College degree.
• Preferred: Seminary training at master’s or doctoral level.
• Fulfills the qualifications in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:6-9.
• Lives as a Godly example in personal, family and church life.
• Maintains a healthy balance between work responsibilities and family life.
• Exemplifies Hillcrest Bible Church’s mission, core values and covenant.
All responsibilities are performed as prescribed by Scripture and Hillcrest’s Constitution.