This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Children's Ministry Director/Pastor
Western Hills Church
San Mateo, California, United States
Date Posted: 09/08/2008
Categories: Children's Pastor
Denominations: Baptist --SBC
Church Size: 151 to 250
Job Type: Full-Time
Western Hills Church is searching for a godly leader of excellent character, great competence and passion for leading a high impact children’s ministry in a growing church in San Mateo, CA – a San Francisco Bay Area community. This leader is not being called to do all of the ministry, but to recruit, train, direct, evaluate and develop a corps of volunteers to do the ministry (Ephesians 4:11-13). This key person must have the vision and ability to develop a multiplying ministry. Our goal is to fill this position by as soon as possible. This is a full-time position with the option of part-time if you are a seminary student nearing graduation.
• A strong vibrant walk with Christ.
• A heart for reaching seekers, and growing them in their newfound faith.
• A team player with the confidence, ability, enthusiasm and excitement to lead a variety of people.
• A self-motivated energetic person with a “go-for-it” spirit.
• A passion for loving and leading children and their families to experience the love of Jesus.
• Knowledge and experience in leading a team of faithful volunteers.
1. Children’s Ministry:
• Lead the children’s ministry team with excellence. The ministry encompasses babies through 6th grade.
• Recruit, train and schedule volunteers for children’s ministry.
• Review and select curriculum.
• Prepare and provide a high quality children’s program at our dinner@six program on the first Wednesday evening of each month.
• Prepare and provide children/family targeted outreach activities.
• During 2nd year, develop a mid-week children’s program.
2. Time Commitment and Compensation
• Full-time position (unless you are a seminary student who arranges for it to be part-time until your graduation).
• Coordinate all Children’s Ministry activities, including but not limited to, Sunday school and worship; midweek services; special events and summer program.
• Attend weekly staff meeting and monthly advance leadership training event on the second Saturday of each month.
• $40K-50K per year
• Health benefits
• Retirement benefits
• 2 weeks vacation per year for first 5 years; incremental increases thereafter