Director of Contemporary Worship Arts
Job Type: Full Time
Reports To: Outreach Pastor
Salary/ Benefits: $45K to $65K (total compensation) depending on qualifications
The Director of Contemporary Worship Arts for Dalton First United Methodist Church must have a deep love for Jesus Christ, His Church, and people. He or she must have a passion for music, creative arts, the worship environment, and the role each plays in multisensory worship and outreach. He or she must be a leader and team builder who can inspire and motivate their team; they must be a reproducer of people.
Minimum Character Qualities
- A mature walk with Christ, evidenced by a strong, well-articulated testimony, personal spiritual discipline, consistency both on and off the stage, and a commitment to moral purity and healthy relationships.
- A sincere heart for the lost that is confirmed by an ability to focus both internally on the church and externally on the community.
- A charismatic leader who is able to generate, contribute to, and maintain good team chemistry. Can lead and thrive in a volunteer team-based environment.
- A commitment to excellent, life-transforming worship.
- Understands that worship is a lifestyle.
- Has a servant’s heart: teachable, humble, loyal, positive, uplifting, proactive, energetic, and dependable.
- Is in agreement with United Methodist theology, doctrine, and ecclesiology.
- A Bachelors Degree in music or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 5 years in the contemporary/emerging worship movement.
- Minimum of 2 years leading worship teams.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in designing and implement stage and worship environment design elements.
- Skilled in at least one instrument, multiple preferred.
- Ability to direct many different instruments.
- Strong music reading, theory, arrangement, and charting skills. Ability and experience in teaching other musicians a plus.
- Skilled vocalist and versatile performer/director.
- Comfortable with many forms of music and able to adapt secular music to help bring people to Christ.
- A proven track record of significant impact and effectiveness as a worship leader for large gatherings.
- Understands the use of creative arts and their expressions in the context of worship.
- Able to work with the pastor/speaker to design experiences that draw people into worship using drama, multimedia, design, lighting, props, etc.
- Competency to lead a team of volunteers to design and produce a relevant worship environment using props, lighting, video, etc.
- Passion for keeping his own and his team’s spiritual growth a priority.
- Proven ability to create and maintain a strong sense of community among all his volunteers – recruits, trains, leads, motivates, and mentors with wisdom and grace.
- Inspires confidence such that team members trust and go to him/her for Godly advise and council on life issues.
- Deeply committed to the protection, nurturing and growth of his or her church.
- Possesses the management skills needed to lead a team made largely of volunteers – budgeting, organizing, scheduling, planning, recruiting, communicating, etc.
- Able to organize, administrate, plan and successfully execute rehearsals, worship, and large events.
- Able to coordinate and integrate congenially with the other functional areas of church ministry in the execution of services and events.
- Comfortable with the use of technology in worship (sound, lights, performance software, internet resources, and video projection) and be able to assist in these production components when needed.
- Able to anticipate and coordinate all the elements of a worship service into an effective flow.
- Leads worship approximately 48 weekends per year plus special events. There is currently 1 service per weekend, subject to increase.
- Provides for dependable leadership when absent from services.
- Plans, organizes, coordinates, schedules and leads the volunteer Worship Team rehearsals, worship services and special events.
- Works in concert with the Pastors and Production Team in planning and producing services and special events. Attends production meetings and participates fully in the weekly planning and production of thematically integrated services.
- Ensures that all the musical and technical aspects of the service advance the theme for the day.
- Oversees song selections, media preparation and presentation, and coordination of all instrumentalists, vocalists, sound & lights, drama, video, etc.
- Recruits, schedules, develops and mentors volunteer instrumentalists, vocalists, songwriters, choir, video, lights, sound, presentation software producers, writers, actors, directors, and prop construction, etc.
- Develops and fosters external relationships with the community, and maintains links to those outside the body of Christ; build relationships with local musicians, sound engineers, and event promoters.
- Participates in all scheduled staff meetings and staff development times.
- Develops annual ministry plan and budget for Contemporary Worship Arts Teams.
- Continued honing of musical, technical and creative arts proficiency.
- Active in the life of Dalton First United Methodist Church.
Anyone interested in this position should email Rev Kenny Ott @ email@example.com. Please attach your resume’ and written personal history.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Technical / Video DirectorPeoples Church | Fresno
- Fresno, California
- December 7
Campus Worship LeaderCalvary Chapel Church
- Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- December 5
Teen & Worship PastorCalvary Baptist Church
- Norwich, New York
- December 5
Worship PastorBridgeway Community Church
- York, Pennsylvania
- December 5
Director of WorshipTrinity Evangelical Presbyterian Church
- Florence, South Carolina
- December 5
Dalton First United Methodist Church