This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Christ Community Church
Rochester, Michigan, United States
Date Posted: 09/07/2008
Categories: Senior Pastor
Church Size: 101 to 150
Job Type: Full-Time
Position: Senior Pastor, Christ Community Church
The Senior Pastor should understand and follow God’s desires for church leadership as outlined in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9. The individual in this position must also be willing to serve within our leadership team structure.
The Senior Pastor will provide leadership to the church in carrying out its missions and core values through effective teaching, preaching and administrative oversight:
1. Preserve, protect and proclaim the Word of God.
2. Serve as the primary teaching pastor. Be responsible for the morning worship team ministry to coordinate
each Sunday morning service.
3. Integrate and carry out the mission and ministries of Christ Community Church.
4. Instill the value of prayer and personal Bible study in the congregation.
5. Lead, develop, equip and maintain unity with the leaders of Christ Community.
6. Oversee the small group ministry, seeking to equip the leaders with the necessary knowledge and
encouragement to achieve successful small groups.
7. Be available for pastoral care and short-term counseling (weddings, baptisms, baby/parent dedications,
funerals and visitations).
8. Exhort, rebuke, correct, and guard against false teaching.
The Senior Pastor should be able to demonstrate the following:
1. A passionate, growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ, evidenced by spiritual growth and fruit in his
2. A healthy relationship with their family.
3. Extensive training and knowledge of the Bible and biblical interpretation, with an ability to relate Scripture to
life’s circumstances and for effective teaching.
4. The ability to lead people, to identify their spiritual gifts, and encourage them to participate in the life of the
5. A heart for lost people while developing and implementing a strategy for evangelism that fits Christ
6. A desire for sustained excellence and quality.
· Masters of Divinity, with training or equivalent experience
· Open to the ministry gifts of the Holy Spirit (1Cor 12 & 14, Rom 12, Eph 1:13-14)
· Demonstrate God’s calling to ministry (Eph 4:11)
· Prior Teaching and Preaching experience.
· Agrees with the Church’s Statement of Faith.
· Be ordained or willing to complete an ordination process.