APPLY ONLINE WITH OUR LINK
The goal of Topeka Bible Church is to lead people to life in Christ. Technology support has become essential to accomplishing this goal ministry-wide.
The Technical Arts Director (TD) is responsible for providing excellent technical support for ministries at Topeka Bible Church. This includes providing audio, video, visual media, and lighting for weekend services, meeting technical needs for Adult and Student
ministries, and providing I.T., web, and telecommunications support. The TD must be able grasp the overall vision for a service or event and also be able to manage the details involved in its execution. Following through on tasks and meeting deadlines is essential
in this position.
The Technical Arts Director should be knowledgeable in the disciplines of live sound reinforcement mixing for music and speech, broadcast video systems, and professional lighting system design and operation. Experience in worship or technical ministry is
helpful. A large part of this role involves building teams and training volunteers. The Technical Arts Director should be able to teach and lead volunteers and develop an excitement for technical ministry.
The TD will oversee the Technical Arts Ministry of Topeka Bible Church and will report to the Worship Arts Pastor. The TD's primary objective is to create an atmosphere conducive to worship and quality communication through equipping and training volunteers.
The Technical Arts Ministry includes audio, video, lights, staging, camera and media duplication. The position will provide support for weekly rehearsals, all worship gatherings, and special events. This position will also oversee ministry-wide information
• Produce an audio/visual worship environment to promote worship by working closely with Worship Arts Pastor
• Technology support for non-Sunday events (Christmas Eve, Communion, Outreach Events, Conferences, Seminars, Weddings, Funerals, Baptism)
• Coordinate stage setup/teardowns with a volunteer stage team
• Recruit, lead, train, equip and evaluate a volunteer tech team for each venue of worship
• Coordinating schedules to make sure that all venues are supported with qualified volunteer team members.
• Maintain the technology budget
• Duplication of weekly and packaged sermon series media (CD/DVD/Podcast authoring)
• Provide information technology support ministry-wide
• Maintain A/V systems campus-wide (Sunday school rooms, meeting rooms)
• Applicant must be a follower of Jesus Christ and display maturity in his/her faith
• Ability to work in rapidly changing, fast-paced environments while maintaining a positive attitude.
• Innovative, creative, self-starting, able to work with and motivate volunteers in a team environment
• Display proficiency in all worship technology; live audio engineering, IEM (in-ear-monitor systems), studio audio editing (DAW software), computer graphic manipulation (Adobe CS), video editing & production (Adobe Premiere), internet media usability (iTunes,
Vimeo, YouTube), basic web design (Adobe Dreamweaver)
• Experience and ability to think creatively and be an active contributor in the planning sessions and production meetings
• Experience in information technologies (computer troubleshooting, Apple/PC support, software update/management, website, email, backup/storage, printers/copiers, network/wifi, electronic security)
• Gifted recruiter and trainer
• Understanding of audio and video editing programs/systems (video editing programs, DAW systems)
• Ability to make decisions in time-sensitive, live productions
• Ongoing physical ability to setup/teardown stage/equipment
• Ability to recruit, train and manage volunteers for multi-media department including video, graphics design, and website management
• Ability to prioritize, troubleshoot, and resolve technical issues
MAIN VENUE DESCRIPTIONS
• Five (5) weekly adult worship gatherings each weekend on two campuses. These services are delivered in three (3) different rooms with multiple demographics (Main Auditorium, Lower Auditorium, Xenos Location)
• Two (2) student ministry rooms (Junior High, Senior High)
• 40-50 hours a week
• 50 Sunday's a year (two personal Sunday’s off a year)
• This position will require evening and weekend work to support various events and functions
• Current weekly schedule includes supporting all worship services, evening rehearsals and other rehearsals as needed
• Presence at weekly rehearsals and worship gatherings
• Support for information technologies through out the week (computers, email, website, network, etc)
• Section 125 Flexible Benefit Plan - health insurance and other medical expenses can be paid with pre-tax money
• Up to $1,200 will be available annually for you to attend a conference related to your area of ministry
• Nine (9) holidays each year, two of which are discretionary
• Vacation: Years 1-3 - two (2) weeks of vacation (one day per month worked); Years 4-14, three (3) weeks of vacation; Years 15 or more, four (4) weeks of vacation
APPLY ONLINE WITH OUR LINK
Topeka Bible Church
1135 SW College Avenue
Topeka, KS 66604