This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Worship Arts
Indian River City United Methodist Church
Titusville, Florida, United States
Date Posted: 09/03/2008
Categories: Worship Pastor
Denominations: United Methodist
Church Size: 751 to 1000
Job Type: Full-Time
Director of Worship Arts Opportunity
Indian River City United Methodist Church, Titusville, Florida
Dynamic multi-age congregation with great vision looking to take the next step of worship excellence. We desire a Director of Worship Arts with the heart and experience to help us move forward with our desire to reach our community.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Music from an accredited educational institution; Master’s highly preferred.
· Minimum of six (6) years leadership experience in church music ministries.
· Must have sound musical education; strong keyboard proficiency; creative arts experience; good organization skills; ability to shepherd the music and other worship teams.
· A combination of education and experience will be considered.
· Oversee the Worship Arts Department
· Oversee the planning, execution, and evaluation of contemporary and traditional worship at IRC. Direct weekly Worship Design Team meeting, keep abreast of changing trends in worship, and adjust worship experiences to remain relevant to our community. Create methods of evaluation and feedback.
· Recruit (under supervision of SPR), supervise, and develop spiritually and professionally the directors of: Choirs, Orchestra, Praise team(s), Multi-media, Bell Choir, Bands and Ensembles, Drama Team. Liturgical Dance Team, Annual and Special Event Teams, Supervise the work of the Altar Guild (Worship Committee).
· Engage people in worship emotionally, intellectually, and spiritually
· Lead artistic portions of worship as needed
· Oversee the ambiance and environment of worship gatherings
· Plan, organize, and/or support: concerts, festivals, musicals, dramas, retreats, concert tours, workshops, and assist in planning special worship services
· Live life in such a way as to be above reproach
Indian River City United Methodist Church grew up with the Space Program and is now in its 46th year. It is multi-age and multi-style (60% contemporary; 40% traditional) with significant outreaches to the local community and the world (Morocco, Cuba, and Asia).
We are a dynamic congregation trying to follow the leading of the Holy Spirit into the 21st Century. We are in the business of joining God in building people and families for life. This building process includes introducing people to Jesus Christ for the sake of finding eternal life. It also includes building people for abundant life here on earth through internal transformation and practical application of biblical truth. We invite you to consider joining us in this journey.
Please send resumes and cover letter or inquiries to Alice Edwards (email@example.com). A copy of the complete position description is available upon request from Alice. Feel free to visit our web site at www.ircumc.com. Our web site is currently undergoing renovation, so if you can’t find what you are looking for feel free to contact Alice at the church office, 321-267-7922.