PASTOR OF WORSHIP AND DISCIPLESHIP
SUMMARY: The Pastor of Worship and Discipleship is ultimately responsible for creation and delivery of the total Worship Program thereby fulfilling one of the five primary purposes for the church on earth. Another responsibility of this position is that of Discipleship, working with the Senior Pastor to foster growth toward maturity in present congregation members and facilitate assimilation of new attendees thereby helping to accomplish the mission and the vision of the Evangelical Covenant Church. This position requires a high level of musical competency, preferably with piano as the main musical instrument with which to lead worship; strong public performance and speaking abilities; excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills; and strong organizational and teaching skills. In addition, pastoral care, general administration, and preaching are a natural part of a pastoral position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Foster spiritual growth in individuals involved in the worship program through prayer, encouragement, discipleship, and mentoring.
• Recruit, organize, and supervise teams of gifted people/individuals to lead the congregation in worship each week valuing excellence, not perfection, in the pursuit.
• In consultation with the senior pastor, design services focused on the worship of God, including elements appropriate for a given theme or topic which may include hymns, worship choruses, responsive readings, scripture readings, drama, special music, video presentations, etc. Be intentional in keeping things fresh.
• Lead rehearsal with members of worship teams for presentation of music.
• Train music participants in choral techniques and worship leading methods.
• Explore the development of new opportunities for people to use their musical gifts in order to get more people involved in worship services.
• Incorporate various styles of music and worship leading into the services.
• Introduce new music to the congregation, keeping worship fresh.
• Provide for a substitute when not able to be present.
• Recruit, train and oversee audio/visual technology and volunteers. (Volunteers are in place)
• Facilitate and oversee continued growth in congregational participation in small groups through organizing, administering, coaching and encouraging this process.
• Lead an intentional process to help congregants find their area of giftedness and abilities and thereby become servants in the life of the church.
• Manage the adult Sunday School program.
In consultation with and supervision from the Senior Pastor, perform the following:
• Preach periodically.
• Perform pre-marital counseling and weddings.
• Preside over funerals, baptisms, and dedications.
• Provide counseling and visitation.
• Attend staff meetings.
• Effectively manage the budget in areas of responsibility.
• Submit leave and expense reports monthly.
ECC reserves the right to revise or reassign job duties as needed to accomplish the mission and the vision of the Evangelical Covenant Church.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
• Must be able to set priorities and be dependable in accomplishing duties.
• Demonstrate strong administrative and organizational skills including coordinating people, schedules and materials.
• Must be adept at oral communication to effectively work, motivate and communicate with a variety of people.
• Demonstrate knowledge and skill with computer and audio-visual technology.
• Possess ability to read music and accompany.
• Person must be a self-starter, be self-motivated and work independently.
• Demonstrate commitment to the Helena Evangelical Covenant Church and its ministries through church membership or willingness to become a member.
This is a full-time salaried position with flexible scheduling of hours as determined by the needs of the church. Space in the church office, a computer and phone will be provided. Use of the employee’s personal vehicle to complete tasks will be required at times.
Works with the Senior Pastor, Operations Manager, Director of Children and Youth ministry, Council Chair, and congregation volunteers.
Works with and is supervised by the Senior Pastor on a day-to-day basis.
Joint Periodic performance reviews to facilitate understanding, provide direction and feedback will be conducted by the Senior Pastor and Operations Manager and reported to the Church Council. Performance will be evaluated on ability to carry out job duties and further the mission and vision of the church.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Youth Worship LeaderImpact Fellowship Church
- Overland Park, Kansas
- January 19
Worship LeaderBethany Christian Reformed Church
- Bellflower, California
- January 19
FELLOWSHIP OF HUNTSVILLE CHURCH WORSHIP PASTORFellowship of Huntsville Church
- Huntsville, Texas
- January 19
Director of WorshipTrinity Evangelical Presbyterian Church
- Florence, South Carolina
- January 19
Worship Arts PastorFroot Group
- Sioux Falls, South Dakota
- January 18
Evangelical Covenant Church
Since 1888, the Evangelical Covenant Church of Helena has been faithfully proclaiming the good news of Jesus Christ in Montana’s capital city. Originally started by Scandinavian Immigrants during Helena’s gold rush days, the church spent much of its early years holding its services in the Swedish language. Today the church, while fond of its faithful heritage and tradition, is a mixture of young and old, families and single people of all social, economic, and religious and national backgrounds. We seek to encourage each other to walk faithfully More...