This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Community Christian Church
Anaheim Hills, California, United States
Date Posted: 09/03/2008
Denominations: Christian Church
Church Size: 251 to 350
Job Type: Part-Time
CCC Pastoral Administrative Assistant
Purpose of Position:
To operate and manage CCC’s office that assists the Staff in their Mission: To help people, who are distant from God become authentic, devoted followers of Jesus.
An Administrative Assistant assists the Pastoral Staff in all facets of their ministry, from doing redundant tasks, recruiting volunteers, to listening to a hurting or troubled person. This requires a humble attitude, dependence on God, a vision for the ministry, integrity, and loyalty to the Pastoral Staff and the Church.
• To be able to come along side the Senior Pastor and Pastor to Staff and Students, and help with programs involving the entire Church.
• Be flexible.
• Gifted in the areas of administration, organization, discernment, and encouragement.
• Good computer skills, with a working knowledge of MS Office, InDesign, Photoshop, Filemaker Pro, and the Macintosh Operating System.
• Good communication skills.
• Be able to coordinate/manage.
• Good relational abilities with people.
• Preferably an attendee of CCC.
• Talk with, listen to, and be a point of encouragement to members/ visitors/ attendees.
• General office duties – run errands, attendance, filing, mailings, sending emails, returning phone calls, etc.
• Maintain the office area by keeping clean and organized on a daily basis.
• Coordinate & recruit volunteers to assist with office duties approx. 1hour a week: i.e. bulletin compiling, mailers, copying, folding, etc.
• Type out copies of the prayer request cards, and assign appropriate follow-up persons to the particular need.
• Send out visitor and welcome letters.
• Keep databases updated-to track information on our people and provide us with appropriate lists.
• Help co-ordinate calendar, make changes as directed.
• To design and create layouts and artwork distributed from our office in a way that communicates Christ, is relevant to our community, and is excellent in its presentation as directed by the Pastoral Staff. This includes, but is not limited to, the Bulletin, Newsletter, all correspondence, and special projects.
• Update and maintain all class manuals. Send out all related correspondence, and prepare for class per Class Timeline.
• Respond to members/visitors by returning phone calls and answering, questions concerning church-related information and events.
• Authorize use of and maintenance of all office equipment.
• Provide assistance to Youth Ministry, Children’s Ministry, Worship Ministry, Men’s Ministry, Women’s Ministry, etc., in office related projects.
• Meet Weekly with Pastoral staff to discuss projects, and office needs.
• Meet Monthly with Entire staff on the 4th Tuesday of the Month from 7-9 p.m. to contribute, discuss projects, and take notes.
• Prioritize all work and projects with all Standard projects taking priority (i.e. bulletin, prayer cards, responding to phone/e-mail messages, volunteer help) followed by other projects in order by due date. When competing projects and time commitments take place refer to the Executive Pastor to establish priority of tasks.
Accountable to the Pastor to Staff and Students
24 hours a week (9am-4pm Monday through Thursday)
1 week paid vacation per year