First Baptist Tifton is looking for a full time Media Associate. Working under the Media Director the Media Associate will assist with the operation of all equipment, and volunteer training necessary to support the ministries of the church.
We live broadcast 3 services each Sunday on the church owned 24/7 local broadcast channel. Our volunteers are trained on broadcast cameras with remote CCU shading units, Blackmagic Atem 2 m/e video switcher, and Yamaha M7 & LS9 digital audio mixers.
The Media Associate will need a strong understanding of traditional broadcast standards as well as the requirements of online distribution. They will be creating videos for use during the service and for online / television broadcast as well as burning, duplicating,
and archiving services. We use the Adobe CS5 suite as our primary workflow as such applicants should have a high level of knowledge of Premiere Pro or a similar platform.
Though working under and with the Media Director, the Media Associate is expected to have strong creative troubleshooting skills to address the myriad of unusual problems that present themselves in church ministry. Applicants should also be comfortable with
setting up and operating lighting and sound reinforcement for church productions.
Skills in photography, web design, audio engineering, and graphic design are plus.
Include online demo reel/links to work samples with resume.
MEDIA MINISTRY MISSION STATEMENT
The purpose of the media ministry at First Baptist Church shall be to share the love of God so that people may come to accept the saving grace of Jesus Christ. The media ministry shall also seek to nurture the Christian and strengthen the fellowship of the
church as well as create opportunities for people to use their gifts to minister to others through media. The media ministry shall also seek to be a service to the community through quality media opportunities.
- Familiarity with all audio, video, lighting, and broadcast equipment used in the systems along with their function and operation.
- Assist with the service and repair equipment as skill permits.
- Assist with the inventory, proper storage, and organization of all equipment.
- Help enlist and organize volunteers to operate equipment for broadcast and taping of worship services, special programs, concerts, short subjects, mission efforts, etc.
- Assist with regular training sessions for new as well as existing volunteers.
- Help create and maintain functional diagrams of the video, audio, and lighting systems.
- Assist in the set up of equipment for worship services, programs, and extra events.
- As requested, train church staff in the proper use of audio visual equipment, so they are comfortable with operation of the equipment they need for their area of programing and ministry.
- Edit video for video promotion, service video, and special programs: Including, but not limited to weekly worship service, special church activities, camps, Bible School, service promos, musical programs, edit old material, commercials, concerts/productions.
- Coordinate broadcast schedule for television broadcast channels. Preview programming, schedule satellite programs, load programming to video server, program insertion system.
- Assist in the production of local origination programming and video “shorts.”
- Assist in the live broadcast of worship services: sound reinforcement, camera set up, engineering, media preparation, troubleshooting...
- Meet with crews before each broadcast or taping to power and test all equipment.
- Create special videos for introduction, welcome, and closing of broadcast programs.
- Create promotional videos to advertise special church activities and programs.
- Create and produce new programing for broadcast.
- Coordination and maintaining the web ministry, including:
- Developing new graphics and pages weekly.
- Coordination with the church staff for web promotions.
- Managing online presence to facilitate church's communication with members.
- Backend site administration.
- Photo optimization for web with posting to gallery.
- Video/Audio Streaming - Assist with coordination and implementation
- Assist with equipment set up for services, including camera set up, audio, video projection.
- Check broadcast graphics for accuracy and create graphics as needed.
- Assist the music ministry in video projection by enlisting and training operators.
- Checking all content for accuracy.
- Attend final rehearsals of special programs, performances to become familiar with program content and plan video production.
- Help with volunteer correspondence.
- Coordinate volunteer crews, making sure all positions are filled before all services and video tapings.
- Help with archiving and media library organization and documentation.
- Help with the duplication of program material for distribution.
- Review and help research recommendations for equipment purchases.
- Assist with minor computer and network issues.
- Help create graphics for video and print media.
- Coordinate “In House” Informational TV.
- Assist church staff with the creation of slides for their ministry area.
- Create informational slides for general church ministry.