This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Discipleship and Assimilation
River Valley Christian Fellowship
Bourbonnais, Illinois, United States
Date Posted: 08/30/2008
Categories: Discipleship Pastor
Church Size: 501 to 750
Job Type: Full-Time
1. Position Title: Director of Discipleship and Assimilation
2. Reports to: Senior Pastor
3. Direct oversight of Office Manager, Finance Administrator, Custodians, Nursery staff, Ministry leaders, Adult Sunday School teachers and Frontline Volunteers
4. Purpose: To facilitate discipleship through relational connections and ministry involvement.
DISCIPLESHIP AND ASSIMILATION (70% of time devoted to the following areas)
- Develop, implement and oversee discipleship/assimilation strategy – (from first impressions to ministry involvement).
- Oversee, recruit and train an Assimilation team to assist the process
- Oversee, recruit, and train Frontline (Ushers, Greeters, Welcome Center) volunteers
- Oversee, train and connect Sunday School teachers to the discipleship/assimilation strategy.
- Provide clear steps to each part of the discipleship/assimilation strategy
- Promotion of these steps and events to support the strategy
- Develop measurable goals
To facilitate LIFE groups for the purpose of biblical community.
- Create LIFE 101 and 201 groups for seniors, couples, men, women, singles and college students.
- Create and implement a process by which everyone can assimilate into Life groups.
- Constant recruiting, training, and encouraging of Life Group leaders.
- Provide oversight and approval of small group materials.
- Champion and promote small groups.
- Write curriculum for “Big Idea” series twice each year.
Assist the Senior Pastor in the development and oversight of a process where individuals are identified, equipped and enter positions of giftedness.
STAFF OVERSIGHT (15% of time devoted to this area)
Oversight of Office Manager, Finance Administrator, Custodial Staff, and Nursery Staff
MINISTRY SUPPORT (10% of time devoted to this area)
Provide a staff support connection to the ministries of RVCF.
COMMUNICATIONS (5% of time devoted to this area)
To provide oversight of church-related communications.