This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Monument Hill Church SBC
Monument, Colorado, United States
Date Posted: 08/29/2008
Categories: Worship Pastor
Denominations: Baptist --SBC
Church Size: 101 to 150
Job Type: Part-Time
Monument Hill Church, S.B.C.
The Worship Leader is responsible for providing leadership of the worship ministry. This ministry includes Sunday morning worship services, Wednesday evening Youth Worship services, and appropriate special music for the Christian seasons. He will report directly to the Senior Pastor?, the Leadership Team, or a designated member of the Leadership Team.
Worship Music Responsibilities
• Provide spiritual leadership and vision in the areas of worship.
• Plan and lead Sunday corporate worship services that cause the congregation to worship God in spirit and truth. This experience includes, but is not limited to, music that is both contemporary and traditional.
• Develop, practice, and lead a worship team that includes vocalists and instrumentalists.
• Work with the Youth Leadership Team in planning and leading the music in Wednesday evening youth services.
• Oversee seasonal choirs.
• Oversee technical / audio visual ministries.
• Provide leadership for other components of worship expression (i.e. drama, video, special music, special events, etc.)
• Help create and oversee the Worship Ministries budget in coordination with the Church Council and Finance Team
• First and foremost, the candidate must have demonstrated spiritual leadership abilities and have a growing and vibrant walk with the Lord.
• Should have two or more years of experience in leading worship services that include a blend of contemporary and traditional music.
• A college degree or equivalent experience is desired but not required.
• Should be a skilled vocalist (additional instrumental training and other musical skills are advantageous).
• Must be experienced in working in a multi-staff, team environment.
• Must have general working knowledge of audio-visual systems.
• Must have the ability to teach and desire to develop worship and musical talents of church members
• Must feel they meet the criteria in 1st Timothy 3:1-7.
• This part-time job will require 16 hours of time per week. This includes time for planning, practices, and coordination with the pastor and youth leaders. Given that most of it will be in the evenings and on weekends, this person will not be expected to keep regular office hours.
• The selected candidate and immediate family are expected to become a participating member of Monument Hill Church.
• The candidate must agree to a one year commitment.
Persons interested in applying for or needing more information about this position should contact Monument Hill Church, 18725 Monument Hill Road, Monument, CO 80132, phone 719-481-2156; email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
? *Monument Hill Church is a Southern Baptist Church. It is currently in the process of finding a new Senior Pastor. During this transition the Senior Pastor duties have been assigned to a 3-person Leadership Team. All staff and other employees hired during this transition are considered “interim” in that the future Senior Pastor will have the right to choose his own staff.