This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Assistant Youth Director
South Haven, Michigan, United States
Date Posted: 08/28/2008
Categories: Youth Pastor
Church Size: 251 to 350
Job Type: Part-Time
Love God and Like Students? SMACK (Sending Messages About Christ's Kingdom) and SnL (Salt and Light) Youth Ministries is looking for a mature, Christ centered, highly relational individual to carry out God's purpose for the youth ministry...SMACK & SnL exists to EXPOSE teenagers to God's love, to EQUIP them to EXALT God, ENJOY other believers, and EXPERIENCE the work of the ministry.
In doing so we are looking for an assistant youth director that will...
1. Actively care for their own growth in their walk with God.
2. Build relationships with students through one on one contacts, attending lunch at the schools, various sporting events.
3. Periodically teach and plan small groups. (1 a month)
4. Train small group leaders.
5. Coordinate FIAT (Faith in Action Teams).
6. Assist in Retreat planning, mission trips, and our sports ministry.
7. Website updates.
Hours: 20-25 weekly.
We acknowledge God as giving each individual different gifts our goal would be to take your gifts and mold the position around you.
Smack & SnL began in 2004, with a handful of teenagers. Indeed Paul had it right, Ephesians 3:20a "Now to him who is able to do immeasurable more than all we ask or imagine". Today, we offer a diverse blend of activities and a meaningful worship experience for hundreds of students. The highlight is the midweek service. Wednesday evening services are packed with participatory activities, great music, memorable videos, small groups and a practical presentation of scripture. To God be the Glory!
Please contact Mike Dubbink, Youth Director - 269-637-8439