This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Associate Director of Arts Ministries
Good Shepherd UMC
Fort Wayne, Indiana, United States
Date Posted: 08/28/2008
Categories: Worship Pastor
Denominations: United Methodist
Church Size: 751 to 1000
Job Type: Full-Time
Interested in being a part of making disciples for Jesus? That’s our mission at Good Shepherd UMC and we’re looking for someone new to join the leadership team. As part of Good Shepherd’s investment in the future, we are seeking a person with energy, creativity and faithfulness who will help start and grow a new worship opportunity for the emerging generation. This worship offering will begin at our original campus which is across the street from a large high school and four miles from a growing regional university.
If you’re a disciple of Jesus Christ and you find yourself sharing your faith through a wide variety of artistic expressions, you may be the person that we are looking for. A full position description follows. Read it, pray about it, and consider sending us your resume. You may include a CD or DVD if one is available.
Good Shepherd UMC
4700 Vance Avenue
Fort Wayne, IN 46815
Attn: Dennis Campbell
Resumes may also be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Join us in this great opportunity to see lives changed. We look forward to hearing from you.
ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR OF ARTS MINISTRIES
Good Shepherd United Methodist Church, a multi-campus ministry, is seeking a Christ follower who is passionate about leading fellow believers in worship. This individual will have a well developed Biblical faith that they are able to articulate in clear and creative ways. They will be competent as an “up front” leader and as a facilitator for other individuals and their gifts. He/She must demonstrate a love and appreciation for diverse expressions of the Christian faith through the arts including a wide variety of musical styles. They will interact well with others as an encourager and as a teacher. Among other responsibilities, the successful candidate will provide energetic and faithful leadership for a new worship ministry targeting students (high school and college) and young adults.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Associate Director of Arts Ministries performs the following duties through the use
of their own skills and through collaboration with staff and volunteers:
• Provides leadership and direction toward the development of artistic ministries, including a new worship venue targeting those who are part of the emerging generation.
• Coordinates and leads musical groups that support the worship of the congregation at various gatherings especially those of a contemporary nature.
• Recruits and develops the skill of young artists in a variety of media (including visual, dance, drama, writing, etc) building them up and encouraging the offering of their talents in service to God and the community.
• Offers guidance and skill development for the area of technical ministries.
• Interacts with those volunteering in arts ministries at all of the Good Shepherd campus sites.
• Meets regularly with the Arts Coordinator, the direct supervisor, for prayer and planning to encourage teamwork and coordination of project assignments.
• Measures and analyzes results and takes actions to ensure continuous improvement.
• Effectively responds to the inquiries, suggestions, and complaints from the leaders, congregation, and community.
• Writes programs, presentations, and articles that effectively portrays the beliefs and practices of Good Shepherd Church.
• Effectively represents the values and goals of the church when active with the conference, fine arts leaders, the public, and other local, state, and national organizations.
The successful candidate will possess an undergraduate degree or equivalent experience with demonstrated skills in voice and at least one instrument; basic skills in choral/ensemble leadership; openness to experiencing, learning and leading a wide variety of Christian worship practices; developed skills in technology used in contemporary and emerging worship; and be a committed Christ-follower.