This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Ebenezer Baptist Church
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Date Posted: 08/26/2008
Categories: Senior Pastor
Denominations: Baptist --SBC
Church Size: 151 to 250
Job Type: Full-Time
Ebenezer Baptist Church is a rural, conservative Southern Baptist church with a full time senior pastor position as well as a full time Minister of Education/Students and a part time Minister of Worship. The duties of the Senior Pastor according to the Constitution and Bylaws of Ebenezer Baptist Church are as follows:
1. Proclaim the gospel and lead the church in proclaiming the gospel to the community.
2. Lead the church in a caring ministry for persons in the church.
3. Lead or make provisions for the leadership of the congregational services. Plan, coordinate, and evaluate congregational services.
4. Preach at all worship services, or arrange to have this function performed. The church will pay for a Supply Pastor when the pastor is away on vacation or illness. The Pastor will be responsible for a Supply Pastor when he is away for any other reason.
5. Plan for and provide leadership in the observance of the Church Ordinances.
6. Conduct counseling sessions, Funeral services, and wedding ceremonies as led by the Holy Spirit.
7. Serve as Moderator for the church.
8. Serve as Chairman of the Church Council to lead in planning, coordinating, and evaluating the total programs of the church.
9. Counsel with and lead in training Deacons for their responsibilities.
10. Work with Deacons, Church Officers, and Church Committees as they perform their assigned duties.
11. Provide administrative leadership for the total church programs.
12. Serve as general supervisor for all church staff and salaried employees.
13. Cooperate with associational, state, and denominational leaders in matters of mutual interest and concern; and keep the church informed of denominational developments, and represent the church in civic matters.
Please submit resume, references, and a sermon CD/DVD to Ebenezer Baptist Church, Attn: Mr. John Abbott 2200 Midway Road Knoxville, Tn 37914