This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Knott Avenue Christian Church
Anaheim, California, United States
Date Posted: 08/26/2008
Categories: Executive Pastor
Church Size: 2501 to 3000
Job Type: Full-Time
Knott Avenue Christian Church is a non-denominational, multiethnic church located in Orange County, CA. We are currently searching for an Executive Pastor to come alongside the Sr. Pastor to carry out our four purposes: Connect wth God; Connect with Believers; Connect with Serving; and Connect with Unbelievers. The ideal candidate would have 10+ years of experience in an administrative and pastoral role in a large church setting. Leadership in a secular job is a plus. This position requires a multifaceted individual who can effectively function in many different arenas. Flexibility is essential in being able to adjust to shifting priorities and needs. Ultimately, all activities must be grounded in an unwavering faith in Jesus Christ and a commitment to Biblical principles.
The primary responsibilities are as follows:
1. Oversee and shepherd the pastoral staff.
2. Supervise the support staff.
3. Take the lead with annual job performance reviews.
4. Be available for special projects assigned by the Sr. Pastor and elders.
5. Co-lead the weekly staff meeting with the Sr. Pastor.
6. Take the lead with church discipline issues, confrontations, etc.
7. Interview potential pastors or support staff for employment, making recommendations to the elders and Sr. Pastor.
8. Lead the annual budget-setting process.
9. Organize staff retreats.
10. Administer staff time off, compensation and benefits.
11. Serve as liaison between staff and elders/deacons.
12. Oversee all aspects of the church operations.
If you feel gifted by God to serve HIs church in this capacity, forward your resume to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.