This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Women's Ministry Director
Woodridge Community Church
Fresno, California, United States
Date Posted: 12/15/2008
Categories: Women's Pastor
Denominations: Bible Church
Church Size: 501 to 750
Job Type: Full-Time
Ministry Purpose: To enable women to develop a love for GOD, to mature in JESUS and to be equipped to reach others for CHRIST
Women are daughters, wives and mothers. In today’s society women carry much of the responsibility in the home. They need ministry support for each element of their lives. Women’s Ministry at Riverpark Bible Church is first and foremost for spiritual growth, then to provide ministries to support and encourage women to grow in their many roles: daughter, wife, mother, grandmother, employee, employer, friend.
Position Purpose . . .
To develop and oversee ministry to the women of Riverpark Bible Church.
To provide opportunities for the women of Riverpark Bible Church to grow spiritually, develop friendships, and encourage each other.
Accountability . . .
The Director of Women’s Ministry reports to the Associate Pastor and is responsible to the Council of Elders.
She has a personal accountability partner and/or small group that she meets with regularly and who help her keep her spiritual growth, family, and church responsibilities balanced.
Description . . .
The Director of Women’s Ministries is a member of the church staff and is selected for an unspecified period by the Council of Elders. She will minister to the needs of the women of the church under the supervision of the Associate Pastor who provides pastoral oversight for the ministry.
Staff Relationships . . .
• Weekly schedule – should have a regular schedule.
• Staff Meetings – attend all staff meetings, prepared to report on ministry activities. Submit weekly Ministry Report to Senior Pastor and Associate Pastors. She is expected to contribute to the team spirit of the staff through fellowship, encouragement, cooperation, prayer support and other appropriate ways, as she serves her Lord Jesus Christ, the Church and the women of Riverpark Bible Church.
• Accountable directly to the Associate Pastor and to the Board of Elders.
• Cooperate fully with church leaders for the good of the church.
• Consults with Associate Pastor on plans and policies.
• Is the liaison between the Women’s Ministry Board and the church staff.
Basic Responsibilities . . .
• Create opportunities for Bible study, prayer, support, fun and fellowship.
• Research and provide resource options for individual as well as group studies.
• Recruit and train leaders to assist in women’s ministries.
• Schedule and host or delegate periodic women’s retreats, seminars or conferences.
• Develop outreach events to bring outside women in to Riverpark Bible Church. *
• Work along side of and oversee the activities of the Women's Ministry Board. She will seek input, direction, and approval from the Board to develop and implement ministries. The Director prepares an agenda and leads the monthly meetings, delegating tasks to the appropriate Board member.
In addition …
• Is “reverent in the way she lives, not a slanderer or addicted to much wine, but [able]to teach what is good, … self-controlled and pure, busy at home, kind, and subject to her husband, so that no one will malign the word of God.” Titus 2:3-5.
• Spends daily quality time in the study of God’s Word, is engaged in consistent memorization of Scripture and is at the church for all regular worship services.
• If married, her husband is supportive.
• Is a member of the Women’s Ministry Board and meets with them monthly, chairing their meetings.
• Is administratively responsible for the Women’s Ministry, including planning, coordination, implementation or delegation of all special and regular programs within Women’s Ministries. Is computer literate.
• Responsible for establishing and administering the budget affecting the ministries assigned to her.
• Responsible for establishing goals for her ministry and implementing strategies for their attainment.
• Responsible for ongoing program evaluation and development, keeping current with the needs of women whether single, married, widowed, separated, or divorced.
• Stays up with the trends of her ministry by listening to cds, reading books and periodicals monthly as well as attending approved conferences.*
• Understanding the need to have a woman present in certain counseling cases, the Women’s Director will make herself available to be involved in these cases when appropriate or help find other qualified women to be present.*
• Responsible to provide, promote and evaluate the ongoing evangelistic and follow-up programs and efforts to reach the unsaved women within our area.*
Seeking someone with 3-5 years experience + in the area of Women's Ministry in a multi-staff church.
For information on the church please go to www.riverpark.org. We are a member of the Conservative Baptist Association.