This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director Of Campus Ministry
West Community Friends Church
Bellmore, New York, United States
Date Posted: 09/09/2008
Categories: College Pastor
Church Size: 351 to 500
Job Type: Full-Time
CenterPoint is looking for full-time and part-time people to staff our new ministry, Ignite. Ignite is our bold attempt to reach the campuses of Long Island NY for Jesus. Long Island is one of the most unreached areas in all of America. It is estimated that only 3% of Long Island's 2.8 million people have given their heart to Christ. This position needs to be filled with people who are willing to step out in faith and willing to work extremely hard.
EACH CAMPUS DIRECTOR POSITION IS BASED ON FUNDRAISE FOR YOUR SALARY with the training to fundraise through GCM (Great Commission Ministries). We wish that the church was financially secure enough to avoid having people to fundraise, but in such a spiritually dark area, there are few to Christians here to support the amount of ministry that needs to happen. This is far from the Bible belt! So if you are interested in being a missionary in America, Long Island is the place for you.
* Full time as well as part-time positions
* Starting full time salaries at $32,000 - $75,000 (Pay varies based on age, education and experience)
* Health benefits
Each person working with Ignite will have different ministry jobs based on experience, skills, needs and calling. Most will spend roughly 25% of their time at CenterPoint and 75% on a college campus.
The campuses in the area are: Hofstra University, Adelphi University, Farmingdale College, Dowling College, Nassau Community College, Suny Old Westbury, Molloy College, and C.W. Post.
1) The Campus ministry entails:
* Running Bible studies, prayer meetings, outreach, and ministering to students
* Strategizing and implementing a ministry approach to your specific campus
* Pastoring over those on the campus that become part of our ministry
2) Ministry at CenterPoint entails:
* Attending CenterPoint staff meetings that help set the direction of our Young Adult PM service
* Ministering to the people of CenterPoint PM
* Must be passionate about God and college students/young adults
* Must understand and agree with the church’s mission and vision (CHeck out our webpage for more)
* Must be capable of identifying and encouraging future church leaders and aiding in their leadership development
* Must be a self starter capable of casting a vision for this ministry
* Must exhibit a passion for people and the ability to understand the issues, needs and world view of young adults in today’s culture
Having staff for the specific purpose of campus and young adult ministry has always been part of our churches dream. But financially we knew it would be near to impossible for us to afford paying a salary to make this happen. After specifically praying about this concept for a few months, God introduced us to Great Commission Ministries. GCM helps to mobilize missionaries by training them to successfully raise financial support, processing gifts, and providing financial administration and human resources support. All training, fundraising, and insurance can now go through GCM. In partnership with GCM we plan to put 1 to 2 staff workers on as many local campuses as God opens up! To find out more about GCM go to www.GCMweb.org.
For More Information check out www.centerpointonline.net/ignite