This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Family Mininstry Associate Pastor
Oak Park Baptist Church
Jeffersonville, Indiana, United States
Date Posted: 08/25/2008
Categories: Family Pastor
Denominations: Baptist --SBC
Church Size: 151 to 250
Job Type: Full-Time
Family Ministry Associate Pastor
Qualifications: Must be a Christian and a member of a Baptist Church. Must be willing to join in the fellowship of Oak Park Baptist Church. Must be God-called into the ministry. Must have a love for people and a spiritual burden to reach and disciple families for the cause of Jesus Christ. Must have a minimum of 2 years experience in Family related ministry
Staff Relationship: Shall be supervised by the pastor.
Function: Lead the church in providing a comprehensive family ministry involving children, youth and college-age adults and assist the pastor in all facets of family ministry.
Duties: 1. Plan and implement a comprehensive church-wide Family Ministry
Program for children, youth and college-adults.
2. Provide guidance and input to the applicable team(s) in recommending leadership for children and youth within the church organizations.
3. Secure adequate adult leaders of children and youth activities.
4. Submit budget requests for children and youth expenses to the Administrative Team to be included in the annual budget.
5. Provide pastoral care in coordination with pastor and deacons, with special attention given to children, youth and their families.
6. Specifically, assist the pastor in newcomer follow-up, teaching ministry, pastoral counseling, and assimilation of new members into healthy church life and discipleship of all members.
7. Participate in planning, coordinating, worshipping and evaluating programs. Attend all scheduled worship services, staff meetings, applicable team meetings and deacon’s meetings.