This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director Children's Ministries
Eastminster Presbyterian Church
Wichita, Kansas, United States
Date Posted: 08/21/2008
Categories: Christian Education
Denominations: Presbyterian -- PCUSA
Church Size: 2001 to 2500
Job Type: Full-Time
Classification: Full-time, Salaried, Exempt
Reports to: Executive Director, Spiritual Formation
Supervises: Children’s Ministries Coordinator; Associate Director, Early Childhood; Associate Director, Elementary
Evaluation: Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Church’s policy on Performance Review of Staff.
Committees: Children’s Ministries Committee
Qualifications: Must demonstrate a desire to see children come to know, love and follow Jesus Christ. Should possess the spiritual gifts of administration, teaching, encouragement and be fully supportive of the Eastminster doctrinal statement, constitution and philosophy of ministry. Must be a growing Christian who is deepening his/her personal relationship with Jesus Christ and modeling this to others. (I Tim. 3:1-13) Must be dedicated to the development of God’s people in their roles of discipleship, outreach and leadership. Must be teachable, a team player with strong oral and written communication skills, creative and a self-starter. Must demonstrate the ability to delegate and equip people to do ministry as well as develop positive relationships with individuals of varied interests and backgrounds. Must be a strategic planner and educator, fully aware of educational markers in the development of curriculum, and to be able to think theologically in the preparation and presentation of excellent Christian education curriculum and resources. Must have a minimum B.A. degree in education, Christian service or related field; cognizant of developmental theories of children and their application in Christian ministry; five years experience in ministry with children; five years management experience preferred.
JOB GOAL To develop and oversee every aspect of comprehensive children’s ministry programming (newborn through 5th grade) designed to assist parents in teaching their children to know, love and follow Jesus Christ. He/she will provide leadership and support for all ministries related to children with the goal of assisting the Senior Pastor in leading the church to know God through outreach, grow in God through education, connect in God through fellowship, serve God through mission and ministry, and glorify God through worship.
• Work in collaboration with staff and lay leadership to develop strategic plans, establish ministry goals, and implement programs related to all aspects of children’s ministry and Christian education for children from birth through 5th grade.
• Recruit, train, and supervise staff and volunteers in all Christian education programs.
• Identify, evaluate and provide curriculum resources and support materials for Sunday school, Wednesday nights, VBS, and other educational opportunities.
• Coordinate scheduling, communication and promotion of all children’s ministry programs and events and assist Eastminster staff in planning ministry and events for family interaction outreach and nurture.
• Communicate Children’s Ministry issues and concerns to the pastoral staff, boards and congregation.
• Be accountable for the accomplishment of ministry goals and budget compliance.
• Attend Full Staff meetings and Children’s Ministries Committee meetings.
• Review, critique, and purchase curriculum used in classrooms.
• Make long-range plans for the school year, summer programs, special events and missions.
• Work with Children’s Ministries Committee to develop yearly budget, review goals and programming, and gather input.
• Approve purchases for Resource Center.
• Work with Preschool/Kids Day Out staff in organizing and planning space for all children’s classes.
• Work with Associate Director, Early Childhood to supervise and establish policies and procedures for nursery, childcare workers, and Nursery Coordinator.
• Work with Women’s Ministries to support their programming.
This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Employee is expected to follow any instructions and perform other related duties as may be required by supervisor.