This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Minister of Youth & Education
First Baptist Church
Portales, New Mexico, United States
Date Posted: 08/22/2008
Categories: Youth Pastor
Denominations: Baptist --SBC
Church Size: 151 to 250
Job Type: Full-Time
First Baptist Church, Portales, New Mexico - Minister of Youth and Christian Education
This covenant between ____________________ (Minister of Youth & Christian Education) and First Baptist Church, Portales, New Mexico is entered to provide clear understandings about relationships and responsibilities necessary to bring glory to God through the growth of the church and the Minister of Youth & Christian Education throughout the tenure of his ministry.
The church and the Minister of Youth & Christian Education are pleased to enter this covenant, effective ________________ (date).
This covenant shall continue as long as both the Minister of Youth & Christian Education and the church believe it is God’s will for them.
Led by the Spirit of God, the Minister of Youth & Christian Education agrees to the following.
1. Seek the mind of Christ and the guidance of the Holy Spirit in all things.
2. Be a person of integrity in his family, the church, and the community.
3. Be loving and gracious to all.
4. Be diligent to work according to a work schedule shared with the church.
5. Use his ministry gifts, knowledge, and wisdom to glorify Christ through the church.
6. Provide direction and leadership for the youth education program of the church.
7. Organize and coordinate a balanced approach to youth ministry that includes Bible study, discipleship training, outreach, recreation, fellowship, missions, and special events.
8. Enlist and train leadership in the youth division of all church organizations in coordination with the church Nominating Committee.
9. Plan and direct all activities such as youth camp mission trips, retreats, weekday Bible study, youth emphasis Sunday, seminars, banquets, and other special events.
10. Work with the Youth Committee to plan, implement and evaluate a balanced youth ministry program.
11. Prepare and administer the Youth and Christian Education budgets.
12. Ensure that the business affairs of the church, including the supervision of support staff and the appropriation of allocated resources, enhance and enable effective ministry of the church.
13. Develop and implement a plan through trained leaders to assimilate newcomers into the church.
14. Direct the Sunday School program with particular emphasis on recruiting, training and equipping teachers and leaders.
15. Develop a small group ministry beyond Sunday School that provides opportunity for nurture, accountability, encouragement and discipleship.
16. Recruit, coordinate, and train volunteers to work in the audio & video ministry of the church.
17. Assist the Senior Pastor with ministry in any way he might request.
Led by the Spirit of God, the church agrees to the following.
1. Be loving and gracious to the Minister of Youth & Christian Education and his family.
2. Pray for spiritual power in his life and work.
3. Respectfully relate to him as God’s anointed leader for this task.
4. Support his leadership with active participation in the church’s ministries.
5. Talk with him about personal concerns instead of talking about him to others.
6. Provide resources for doing the work to which he is committed.
7. Provide a salary and benefits commensurate with the duties of his office.
8. Free him to do the work to which he is called as other church leaders and members fulfill their responsibilities.
9. Semi-annually provide a fair, impartial, and constructive ministry review.