The Media Director is a visionary leader who will serve the church at-large by supporting and resourcing individual ministry teams by providing creative direction in the areas of: visual communication, social media, content production, media strategy, publications, environments & event production.
This position supports and resources all ministry teams on an as needed basis. While not assigned to a specific ministry team, a disproportionate amount of time will be spent supporting the Music & Worship and Communications teams.
Primary Functional Responsibilities:
Oversee/manage Video Communication
• Develop and implement a system (equipment, crew, workflow) for filming and posting sermon and
worship service video weekly on the website.
• Write, direct and produce video content for worship and other ministries.
• Train and coach ministry teams on effective media and technology use.
• Work with ministries to achieve effective production/programming for large events.
Creative direction for the Worship Center:
• Oversee the process of creating stage sets for weekly worship and seasonal events. Work in tandem
with Director of Worship to develop ideas. Includes recruiting, equipping and leading out volunteers.
Creative direction for message series, church wide communications, and ministries
• Oversee/manage design and visual communication for message series
• Act as consultant to ministries planning large events, to help create engaging environments and
include media effectively.
• Expand our current church wide communications strategy and assist individual ministries with such.
Includes review/development of all our current efforts/strategy including website, web advertising,
youtube, vimeo, pinterest, facebook, twitter, etc.
• Professional technical, production, and/or ministry experience: Must have a demonstrated level of excellence in video production (turn-key projects as well as live environments) and project management in creative settings, minimal 3 years experience. Proficiency in Final Cut Pro, Photoshop, etc.
• Rock Solid Visionary Leadership: Have a demonstrated track record of leading and multiplying both leaders and groups; providing directional oversight of complex creative projects and directing creative staff/volunteers. Have the DNA of an optimistic visionary who thinks outside the box, grasps where we must go, and a strategizer/organizer to take us there. Has an appreciation for clear direction, but also the ability to pull concepts out of thin air.
• Creative artistic giftedness: Demonstrate an understanding of the power of great artistry and effective visual communication for environments and events.
• People Person: Be a magnet for raising up and developing teams to “give away” effective ministry.
• Systems Developer: Have the ability and clear understanding to be both a people and systems developer. Multi-tasking is a must.
• Lead or serve on “Key Opportunity” teams as asked. For 2013 serve on KO #5, Lead KO #3 (see firstmbchurch.org job description for details)
• Responsible to recruit, hire and evaluate summer intern positions (if requested/approved).
We expect all staff to commit to the following “Leadership DNA”:
1. Character counts. The most important thing in leadership is personal integrity.
2. Be spiritually strong. In order for leaders to withstand the temptations and trials of life, there must be a daily commitment to prayer, personal Bible reading, and accountability to other Christians.
3. Always start with a “yes”. Organizations move ahead most freely when people have a positive attitude and extend, as much as possible, a “yes” posture to requests and new strategic ideas for ministry that line up within our mission and anchor points.
4. Be nice. People usually want to follow humble, gracious, and encouraging leaders. So be that kind of leader.
5. A commitment to evangelism and discipleship. Leaders must model and teach a balanced commitment to both evangelism and discipleship. For evangelism, leaders must model the 3 steps of
1) prayer for the lost, 2) cultivation of relationships, and 3) a verbal witness.
6. A commitment to excellence. While God uses us even in our weakness, the Gospel demands we give our best/seek excellence in every area of our ministry.
Would be a great fit if you:
- function well in a fast-paced environment
- are a little bit crazy about fonts and design details
- daydream about stage and set design for ministry settings
- get excited about the idea of moving a church toward more effective
communications through visual mediums (print, video, live environments)
- have experience with print media… in large formats
Bonus points if you:
- have significant experience creating motion graphics
- enjoy blogging
- are an avid Instagrammer
- could spend hours finding the perfect motion background for worship settings
Please send your resume and a video reel to: email@example.com
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Executive Director - Creative MinistriesHope Community Church
- Raleigh, North Carolina
- October 27
St. Mark's Church - Audio/Visual DirectorVanderbloemen Search Group
- Burlington, North Carolina
- October 26
Worship Tech & IT DirectorLee's Summit Community Church
- Lee's Summit, Missouri
- October 25
Media/Visual ArtsOrchardville Church
- Xenia, Illinois
- October 25
Director of Audio Visual ArtsManchester United Methodist Church
- Manchester, Missouri
- October 24
First MB Church
First MB is a thriving church pushing the 1000 mark. We have 3 services (one traditional and two contemporary), in a great location. We are passionate for reaching those who have yet to cross the line of faith and strengthening the faith of those who already have. Our team is unified and excited for where God is leading us.More...