Director of Worship Arts
Martinsville, Indiana, United States
Date Posted: 8/15/2008 Job Category: Worship & Music Pastor Department: Worship Company Name: Faith Church Denomination: Baptist Worship Style: Contemporary Church Size: 151 to 250 Contact: Ken Snyder Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 765-346-1592 Website: www.myfaithchurch.org Min Pay Rate: $28,000.00 Max Pay Rate: $38,000.00 Education: Bachelors Job Type: Full Time Job Code: Job Description: The Director of Worship Arts (DWA) will have two significant responsibilities. Firstly, he or she will lead a team that is committed to creatively planning weekend Worship Gatherings that become God moments so that people—Jesus followers and those exploring faith—will be inspired to worship God and to pursue deeper intimacy with Him. Secondly, the DWA will fulfill one of three roles:
a) to partner with Faith Church's senior leadership leverage our environments so that individuals will develop a greater sense of personal purpose, will engage in community with others, and will create a Personal Life Plan for greater spiritual development, or
b) to partner with our Pastor of Family Ministries and Director of Children's Ministries to create powerful experiences for families with children through KidStuf and other ministries
c) to partner with our Pastor of Family Ministries to further develop a strong Student Ministries to reach unchurched youth and grow students into authentic Jesus followers committed to recreating His Kingdom on earth
(NOTE: We anticipate that our first need is the DWA that specializes in option A. However, we realize that the best available candidate may possess strengths in options B or C which would fulfill other staffing needs. We are prepared to consider all candidates with the various strengths expressed in options A, B and C. The remainder of this posting focuses on the DWA positon with the community and spiritual formation emphasis [thus giving it the title of Director of Worship and Community]. As candidates with specialization in either children or youth enter our search process further detail will be provided for those specializations.)
Accountable to: Lead Pastor
Passion For: Leading people to worship Jesus so that those who do not know Him desire to know Him, and so that those who follow Him will center their lives around His presence and purpose in their lives.
Spiritual Gifts: Leadership and at least one of the following: Teaching, Administration, Evangelism or Faith.
Talents and Abilities: Gifted worship leader with strong vocal skills
and competency in playing a lead instrument
Excellent communicator with an aptitude for guiding spiritual moments in a gathering
A leader with the proven ability to influence a group of people to embrace and fulfill a vision
Evidence of a missional lifestyle
Understanding of the various stages of the spiritual development of individuals with an awareness of experiences needed for progress
1. A bachelor’s degree, or significant comparable experience and/or training, in the area of music or music ministry, and/or discipleship ministry
2. Two or more years experience leading—or playing a key role on—a Worship Design Team that plans and prepares for weekly services
3. A proven track record of developing a team of volunteers for higher capacity and of preparing that team regularly to lead worship gatherings
4. Possess a familiarity and commitment to Faith Church’s Philosophy of Worship Arts and to living a missional lifestyle
1. To provide primary leadership and vision to Faith’s Worship Team
a. to passionately and creatively inspire those who are gathered together to worship God in spirit and truth
b. to recruit and train new team members to provide a greater variety of strengths, and a greater depth so that team members do not serve every Sunday
c. to shepherd the individuals of this team so that a community experience would exist
2. To lead our Programming Team, which meets monthly to creatively design Worship Gatherings that will reach those exploring faith and that will be powerful experiences for those who already follow Jesus.
3. To oversee, primarily through delegating, Faith’s Tech Team, Support Team, and (a future) Drama Team.
4. To work with the Lead Pastor in the envisioning and implementing of other opportunities, such as Venue Worship Gatherings, to draw people to God.
5. To recruit, equip and provide concurrent training for Small Group leaders of both Community Groups and Life Groups
6. In partnership with the Lead Pastor, to create Small Group weekly discussion guides based on the weekend teaching for Community and Life Groups
7. To work with the Lead Pastor to tailor Faith’s Life Journal for greater impact for those who are in the various stages of spiritual development: Exploring Christ, Growing in Christ, Close to Christ, and Christ-Centered.
8. To participate in the full staff life of Faith Church.
Generally, to fulfill ministry opportunities as directed by the Senior Pastor or Elders.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Worship and Associate PastorPataskala Grace Church
- Pataskala, Ohio
- October 26
Indy North Campus Worship PastorNorthview Church
- Indianapolis, Indiana
- October 26
Worship PastorVentura Missionary Church
- Ventura, California
- October 26
Pastor of Worship and Student MinistriesBrenham Bible Church
- Brenham, Texas
- October 25
Assistant Worship Leader / Youth PastorONEeighty Church
- Springville, Alabama
- October 25
Faith Church is a growing Jesus community (of about 270-300 people) committed to missionally impacting and transforming our community and world with the love of Jesus. We are looking for a passionate man or woman who lives a lifestyle of worship. The ideal candidate will be able to effectively minister to 16-29 year olds, as well as children and adults of older generations. We are seeking a staff member who demonstrates creativity and energy, as well as wisdom and maturity. Faith Church is located in Martinsville (pop. 15-18,000), Indiana, a More...