This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Family Ministries Pastor
Fargo, North Dakota, United States
Date Posted: 08/15/2008
Categories: Family Pastor
Denominations: Evangelical Free
Church Size: 1501 to 2000
Job Type: Full-Time
Bethel is an exciting, family centered church in Fargo, North Dakota looking for an experienced team player to fill the role of Family Ministries Pastor. This gifted individual must develop and work through other leaders and be capable of overseeing a diverse team of five directors plus support staff. In addition to championing discipleship for children, students, and young adults by developing and overseeing programs that foster healthy families, he will be the primary teacher for the Sunday night PRISM young adult service.
1) Man of Prayer - Someone who cultivates an environment of prayer wherever he finds himself - leads by example, teaching others the discipline of prayer. (I Thes 5:16-18)
2) Pastor's Heart - A heart to shepherd and care for Bethel leaders, staff, and volunteers. Someone who is committed to building relationships of grace, trust, and teamwork among the staff and elders as a model of healthy body life for our entire church family. (I Peter 5:1-5)
3) Team Builder - A man that has both humility and strength of will and is able to develop and lead teams. Someone who is gifted, energetic and inspirational, who will cast a clear and compelling vision for the mission of Bethel Church and enable others to find, develop, and act on their God-given calling. (Luke 14:10-11; I Cor 12:12; James 3:13)
4)Biblical Faithfulness - A leader that holds a high view of Scripture and passionately living out his belief by demonstrating a vibrant, growing relationship with God that is evidenced in all areas of his life, including personal disciplines and balanced healthy family life. (II Tim 2:15)
5) Multiplier - A leader that practices 'making disciples' by multiplying himself, developing new and existing leaders. (Eph 4; Titus 2)
6) Balanced Vision - A leader that works diligently to accomplish the mission of Bethel - to make disciples and lead them to live, love, and lead like Christ. (I Cor 9:24-27)
7) Heart for the Lost - A leader whose heart is broken before God and has, at their core, an expressed and lived out passion to see those far from God come to salvation through Christ. (Luke 15:1-10)
Education and experience include:
1) Master of Divinity or equivalent theological preparation.
2) Minimum of 5 years experience in a large church environment.
3) Gifted and humble communicator.