This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Pastor of Worship Arts
Westminster, Colorado, United States
Date Posted: 08/14/2008
Categories: Worship Pastor
Denominations: Church of the Nazarene
Church Size: 1001 to 1500
Job Type: Full-Time
Westminster Church is a growing community of 1200 engaging people that have sought the vision of God to be a Holy, POSITIVE, Impact people for Jesus Christ. Nestled between downtown Denver, Colorado and the foothills of the Rocky Mountains, this great church community sits right in the heart of everything that is Colorado!
We are passionate about planting 500 churches in the North Metro Denver area over the next 50 years, in order to reach 500,000 people for Jesus Christ and have recently purchased 80 acres of land as a platform to achieve this goal. With three of those 500 churches already planted, we will officially launch our first Video Venue church at our off-site Event Center in the fall of 2008.
Currently, Westminster Church is looking for a brilliant Worship Pastor that comes with the experience to direct this church body in worship to our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ; at our main campus.
Individuals seeking interest in this position must be able to proficiently read and rearrange music, have a mastery of at least one instrument, confidently lead/direct a Praise Band, Choir and congregation in Contemporary Worship, show exceptional leadership skills, have received a Degree in Music and have held a paid Worship Pastor position for a minimum of 3 years.
All applicants must submit a current resume, including a photo, to: Westminster Church, 3501 W. 104th Ave, Westminster, Colorado 80031; Attention: Senior Pastor; or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org, (Subject: Resume). Resume submission must include: listing of higher education & degree earned, work related experiences, minimum of three professional and three personal references, and salary requirements.
A Job Description has been enclosed for review. Additional information about Westminster Church can be found at www.wcon.org.
PASTOR OF WORSHIP ARTS
The Pastor of Worship Arts shall lead and supervise the Fine Arts Department at Westminster Church of the Nazarene and shall fill the responsibilities of the Minister in the spirit of 1 Timothy 3:2-7. This pastor is also expected to live in harmony with the general and special rules of the Church of the Nazarene as stated in the Manual: Church of the Nazarene and the Code of Christian Conduct. Employment shall be for a term of not more than one year and shall be renewable upon recommendation of the Senior Pastor at the beginning of each fiscal year. (Manual 161.2)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. To oversee all aspects of public worship for Westminster Church and to coordinate the entire music and production ministry of the church. To be the Lord’s servant for the edification of the congregation, to be responsible to lead the congregational music, and to direct the choir and instrumental music in all worship services of the church.
2. To plan, organize, and lead all worship production meetings of the church and to develop “orders of worship” and production cue sheets in consultation with the Senior Pastor for all regular services and special events requiring music. Weekly “orders of worship” and production cue sheets will be used by pastors, accompanists, sound techs, multi-media techs, and any others involved in the leadership of a given service or event.
3. To ensure that a style of music is achieved and maintained that will accomplish the vision and mission of the church as outlined by the Senior Pastor and staff.
4. To develop and coordinate leaders and teams to conduct all choir, instrumental, and ensemble rehearsals in preparation for the ongoing, weekly music ministries of the church and special events as planned. (Such ‘events’ would include, but are not limited to, seasonal and off-seasonal musicals, prayer and praise services, weddings, funerals, Community outreach, etc.) The Minister of Music will also provide resource assistance and quality evaluation for age-group ministry musical presentations.
5. To provide personal pastoral care and systems for such care to leaders and workers in this ministry area through devotional times, prayer times, retreat experiences, and other opportunities as available. To assist with hospital visits, crisis care, and other pastoral contacts for members of the music ministry as needed
6. To be responsible for all technical aspects of public worship services, including clock management, supervision of sound, lighting, and multi-media technicians, and to ensure that all instruments are ready for use. To provide for proper and routine maintenance of musical instruments, including regular tuning appointments and cost-effective repair. To evaluate and determine future equipment needs and purchases.
7. To organize and schedule all special music for all services of the church. To assist as needed in music selection for specials which are thematically appropriate for the service scheduled. To oversee the production and mailing of the special music schedule on a month/quarterly basis.
8. To produce musical events at special times of the year as planned on the Master Calendar. These could include: Christmas, Easter, Fourth of July, or other special times.
9. To recruit, train and develop instrumentalists, vocalists and A/V technicians for service in the congregational worship on a weekly basis as well as participation in specials, offertories, and seasonal musicals.
10. To develop and submit an annual budget request for all Music Ministry areas and oversee expenditures in order to maintain budgeting integrity.
11. To oversee the technology portion of service preparation and production through the ministries of sound, lighting, video, image magnification, photography, and recording.
12. To provide support to lay ministry leaders in this ministry area as needed.
13. To produce and conduct training as needed to facilitate services and technical needs for services.
14. To coordinate practice times for special music, music teams, and sound techs and maintain communication systems keeping all teams in the loop.
15. Prepare Worship Slides weekly.
17. Develop web communications that would include streaming audio and communications as related to the worship ministry.
18. This position is considered full-time and will require an average weekly time investment of approximately 56 hours. (A ‘normal’ 40-hour workweek plus service and ministry times.) The Pastor of Worship Arts is encouraged to develop a balanced schedule for God, family, Church, recreation, etc. Taking one day per week and proper vacation time is heartily recommended.
19. All others duties as deemed necessary by the Senior Pastor & Executive Pastor.
POSITIONS DIRECTLY SUPERVISED:
1. Ministry Assistant
2. Lay Ministry Leaders in Music Ministries
3. Lay Volunteers
DIRECTLY SUPERVISED BY:
The Senior Pastor
The most important aspect of this position is the spiritual character and integrity of the Pastor of Worship Arts. This person should also demonstrate administrative skills, possess spiritual sensitivity, and exhibit these qualities in everyday life. The Pastor of Worship Arts must be a Team Player with the Senior Pastor and members of the Staff. This Pastor must have a love for God, the Church, people, and music that is evident. The Pastor of Worship Arts acknowledges the responsibility to act in the best interest of Westminster Church of the Nazarene at all times and is expected to conduct his/her private and public life in a manner which will not embarrass the church. It is essential that the Pastor of Music and Worship have a clear testimony of the experience of salvation, baptism, and sanctification. This Pastor is to share his/her faith, promote the spiritual good of the church, serve the community, and express the love of God to all those with whom he/she has contact.