Associate Pastor of Worship and Christian Education
Education: Bachelor’s or Master’s degree preferred or commensurate experience in both Worship and Christian Education ministries.
Skills: Our church has had a strong emphasis on both worship and children’s ministry. We want to take these to the next level. The person for this position should possess that rare combination of both creativity/talent and organizational skill. He will need to be able to lead and inspire volunteers so that two areas of ministry are able to function simultaneously without his immediate attention to every detail.
Doctrine: The associate pastor must be in agreement with the doctrinal statement of the Evangelical Free Church (see attached). He must also be in philosophical agreement with the direction of the church and the distinctives. Though our church is open to people with differing opinions on the so-called “sign gifts”, the pastor of worship will not lead the service in a charismatic manner. That doesn’t preclude demonstrative worship involving raised hands or clapping.
Philosophy of Ministry: Our vision as a church is to deeply connect our people to Christ that they might abide in Him to abound in fruitfulness for Him. Our philosophy of Worship is that it must draw people to a deep consideration of the Triune God, calling forth both a repentant spirit in light of His Holiness, and a joy in His redemption. Christ and His cross are to be lifted high. Our music should call attention to Him and not those on the platform. Special music should serve the overall purpose of drawing worshippers to God. Our worship tends to be blended with an emphasis toward contemporary. There is a praise band and praise team. We do not have a choir.
Experience: 3-5 years or more ministry experience preferred. Recent graduates will be considered if sufficient volunteer experience can be demonstrated.
Relating to children: Recruit, train, and lead an effective Children’s Ministry Team (CMT): Nursery workers, Grace Place and Little Grace Place leaders, and AWANA director.
• Spend adequate time with volunteers, teachers, and parents to know and minister to them. Maintain meaningful contact with other adults in the church.
• Coordinate 2 outreach events / programs for children annually.
• Develop and communicate a written children’s ministry plan for entire church.
• Assist CMT in recruiting, training and leading volunteer staff.
• Participate in other ministry functions as requested by the Senior Pastor.
• Oversee the children’s ministry budget.
Relating to Adults:
• Assist our current part-time associate, Rev. Roy Savage, with developing and implementing adult education opportunities.
• Assist in developing small groups.
• Assist in training, nurturing, and coordinating Adult Bible Fellowships.
• Recruit, train, and lead an effective worship team of vocalist and instrumentalists and technical support people.
• Design God-glorifying worship experiences—coordinating people and special events and worship order.
• Coordinate any special music or seasonal events including those of the children’s area.
• Aid the Youth Pastor in rehearsing youth praise team for youth Sundays.
• Oversee the visuals for Sunday Morning worship.
• Oversee the worship budget.
• Reports to the Senior Pastor.
• Works with the Children’s Ministry Team to accomplish ministry.
• Supervises volunteer staff in areas of ministry.
• Coordinates with other church staff and school staff as needed.
• Reports to the board of elders.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Youth PastorVictory Temple Assembly of God
- Jasper, Indiana
- October 22
Pastor of Worship & Music- Highland ParkChurchology Staffing
- Madison Heights, Michigan
- October 20
Worship LeaderClear Water Church
- Anchorage, Alaska
- October 20
Worship PastorVineyard Community Church
- Grafton, Wisconsin
- October 20
Worship LeaderThe Rock
- Bridgeport, Texas
- October 20
Grace Community Church
Associate Pastor of Worship and Christian Education Job Description Education: Bachelor’s or Master’s degree preferred or commensurate experience in both Worship and Christian Education ministries. Skills: Our church has had a strong emphasis on both worship and children’s ministry. We want to take these to the next level. The person for this position should possess that rare combination of both creativity/talent and organizational skill. He will need to be able to lead and inspire volunteers so that two areas of ministry are able to func More...