Burke Community Church is excited to find the right individual to be our new Director of Women's Ministry. For the past three and a half years, BCC has more than doubled in size to over 2,100 in weekly attendance. With this growth, comes the need for a skilled and talented individual to give leadership to our equally growing Women's Ministry program. Should you feel you meet our criteria listed below, please e-mail your resume along with personal references and any pertinent links to the following e-mail address: email@example.com.
Lead the Women’s Ministry
- Recruit, equip and encourage the women’s leadership team.
- Teach and lead in prayer in large and small group environments.
- Serve the women as a possible mentor, encourager, and adviser.
- Provide care for women of the church.
Direct the Women’s Ministry Programs
- Coordinate the vision of women’s ministry programs to align to the vision of the church.
- Select, train, and develop team leaders for each area of the women’s ministry.
- Coordinate schedules for all Women’s Ministry programs
- Facilitate communication between team leaders and church leadership.
- Select and schedule special events with recruiting leadership and support.
- Work with ministry leaders to select event speakers.
- Serve and lead in cooperation with and submission to the Elders.
- Assist in providing care to the congregation, viz., counseling, hospital visitation, etc.
- Initiate and lead the processes of evaluation, change, and growth in women’s ministries.
- Ensure training, equipping and multiplying volunteers remains a core value.
- Develop and administer an annual women’s budget.
- Provide oversight, direction, and evaluation of the Administrative Assistant per this area.
- Attend weekly staff meetings, bi-annual staff planning days, and yearly staff/Elder council planning session.
- Attend Elder Council meetings per invitation.
- Ensure a culture of focus and accountability where each team member understands his/her role, responsibilities, outcomes, and wins, and achieves them with excellence.
- Manage a healthy team culture where each staff member is living out the vision and values of BCC and loves being part of the team.
- Ensure all ministries are in alignment with our vision.
- Perform all other duties assigned by the pastor giving direct support.
- Doctrinal Integrity – Someone who understands, agrees, able to teach and admonish others in the doctrinal statement of the church.
- Spiritual Integrity – Someone who exhibits a personal and growing relationship with God building on a foundation of the Word and prayer. Someone who is pursuing God, listening to the Spirit, and experiencing spiritual transformation.
- Strong Character – Someone with tremendous integrity and is committed to doing the right thing regardless of the cost. Someone with great courage, humility and compassion. Someone who is teachable by being approachable and open to feedback. Someone who is motivated more by his love for Christ and others than by personal gain, recognition, or ego. Someone with a healthy marriage and family.
- Leadership Intuition – Someone with strong natural leadership instincts when it comes to building teams, developing leaders, mental modeling, making tough calls, moving towards conflict, recognizing misalignment, creating solutions, etc.
- A Strategic Thinker – Someone who is gifted at seeing the big picture - where we are, where we need to go, and how to get there. Someone who is bright and has great insight, intuition and judgment. Someone who is quick to recognize organizational misalignment and knows how to fix it. Someone who is a creative problem solver and a systems architect.
- A Gifted Team Builder – Someone who is able to discover, recognize, attract, and build strong teams of “A” level players. Someone who knows how to get the right people on the bus, the right people off the bus, and the right people in the right seats.
- An Excellent Coach – Someone who is able to assess, mentor, lead, encourage, and develop strong leaders. Someone who is gifted at reading people and assessing their strengths and motivations. Someone who can create an environment of honesty, trust, and passionate debate.
- A Culture Creator – Someone who lives, models, communicates, and cultivates our team values and culture.
- Consistent Execution – Someone who is gifted at strategizing, planning, organizing, scheduling, and executing. Someone who can create a culture of execution.
- Excellent People Skills – Someone who is gifted at reading and relating to others. Someone with strong emotional intelligence (empathy, intuition, discernment, etc.). Someone who is good at moving toward conflict and resolving it quickly and effectively. Someone who is a good listener, open to feedback, and not defensive.
- A Clear Communicator – Someone who can communicate clearly and effectively one on one, in small group settings, and in larger group settings. Someone who knows how to share the right things, with the right people, at the right time, and in the right way.
- A Commitment To Excellence – Someone who is committed to excellence and knows how to get the best from himself and others.
- Proactive, Hard Working, and Efficient – Someone who is quick to take initiative, has a strong work ethic, and is willing to go the extra mile to get the job done. Someone who can multitask and is quick and efficient. Someone who combines a bias for action with the ability to listen and wait on the Holy Spirit for direction.
- The Right Chemistry – Someone who connects well with our leadership team and loves our vision, values, strategies, and culture. Someone who loves to work in teams. Someone who loves to learn and is passionate about growing both personally and professionally. Someone who is casual and collegial. Someone who is outgoing, loves people, and has a great sense of humor.
- Strong Ministry Experience – Someone with a strong ministry background that will bring credibility, experience, insight, and expertise to this position. Someone who is up to date on national and international ministry trends.
- Financial Wisdom – Someone with a natural gift for seeing the big picture when it comes to the financial side of the ministry.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum three years of experience in women's ministry
- Undergraduate degree
- Master’s degree (preferred, not required)
SCHEDULE AND HOURS
- Full-time salaried position
SALARY & BENEFITS
- This is a full-time position with full benefits. Pay to reflect the standard of living in Fairfax County, Virginia.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
"Gang Church" Lead PastorInFaith
- Fresno, California
- December 1
Church Planter in Central NebraskaInFaith
- central, Nebraska
- December 1
PastorThe Shepherd's Staff
- Anywhere, Texas
- November 29
Director of Women's Ministry & Community LifeGrace Valley Fellowship
- Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
- October 8
Burke Community Church
At Burke Community Church, we accept and hold as the essentials of our faith those areas of doctrinal teaching on which there has been general agreement among all true Christians.
Because of the unique and open nature of a community church, we desire to allow for freedom of belief on other doctrinal matters, provided that any interpretation is based upon the Bible alone and that no interpretation shall become an issue which hinders the ministry to which God has called us.