This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Pastor of Youth Ministries
First Covenant Church
Salina, Kansas, United States
Date Posted: 11/07/2008
Categories: Youth Pastor
Church Size: 751 to 1000
Job Type: Full-Time
Our congregation is looking for a youth pastor who is spiritually mature, possessing a passion for youth and their spiritual growth. Our new pastor will be a strong teacher, discipler, and communicator who keeps Christ the cornerstone of First Covenant Youth Ministries.
1. Provide vision and leadership for a dynamic youth ministries program, emphasizing both discipleship and
2. Possess excellent teaching skills that include strong knowledge of scripture and the ability to connect
scripture with life applications for youth.
3. Serve as a Christian role model for the youth. Encourage students, parents, and volunteers both
individually and corporately through relationships and prayer.
4. Help develop and implement youth evangelism and outreach programs for the greater Salina community.
1. Compatibility with the theology, practices, and policies of the Evangelical Covenant Church.
2. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
3. Administrative experience with youth Christian education and ministry.
4. Preferred—minimum bachelor’s degree or equivalent in youth ministry or a related field.
Our church has approximately 750 regular attendees in a community of almost 50,000. Our youth program at First Covenant is comprised of 7th to 12th graders and currently has about 70 students attending Sunday School. There are separate weekday evangelism/outreach programs for middle and high school with committed adult and student leadership supporting this ministry. We also have an active nine-month middle school confirmation program with good adult leadership. In addition, more than 60 kids attend weekly home group/Bible studies led by adult volunteers. Many of these groups meet year round.
In addition to more than 25 adult volunteers, there is a full-time associate youth pastor whose primary responsibilities are to assist the person who fills this position.
1. This is a full-time position now available.
2. Salary is commensurate with experience and includes life, health, and retirement plans.
3. For further information, contact search committee chair Todd Bigler at 785.825.6610 or
email@example.com, or the First Covenant Church office at 785.823.3792 or firstname.lastname@example.org