This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
The Orchard Evangelical Free Church
Arlington Heights, Illinois, United States
Date Posted: 07/03/2012
Denominations: Evangelical Free
Church Size: 2001 to 2500
Job Type: Part-Time
The Orchard Evangelical Free Church is a multi-venue church that records the sermon on Saturday night to play back in multiple locations on Sunday.
Compensation - $15 per hour for 13 hours per week
The Audio Director is responsible for coordinating all media elements and volunteers for the worship services conducted in Barrington and Arlington Heights. The Director must possess a general knowledge of media equipment (audio mix board, LCD projector, recorders, and computer) and a willingness to learn. The Director must have interpersonal and management skills. This position is responsible to ensure the Barrington and Arlington Heights Audio Teams follow the service schedule. The Director will coordinate teams of church volunteers, offering support, scheduling, recruitment and training.
The Audio Director reports directly to the Director of Media Services. The Primary responsibility is to support the Saturday evening worship service in Barrington and Sunday morning worship services conducted in Arlington Heights. This position oversees the audio teams but does not include oversight of the video teams.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Maintain timely communication with the Director of Media Services.
2. Provide leadership to the church volunteers by scheduling, distributing documentation, and supervising.
3. Ensure the proper function of all media equipment including training, operation, and troubleshooting.
1. Ministry experience in a local church or other large venue ministry.
2. Available for the following schedule: (13 hours per week)
a. Saturdays from 2:00pm until 7:00pm
b. Sundays from 7:00am until noon.
c. Two hours of additional preparation and communication (not meetings).
3. High School diploma required, college degree preferred.