This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Grace Bible Fellowship
Kelso, Washington, United States
Date Posted: 08/07/2008
Categories: Youth Pastor
Church Size: 101 to 150
Job Type: Part-Time
Part-Time Youth Pastor
$1,400 per month
(Fifteen hours per week)
Grace Bible Fellowship is a growing and active church on a mission. We are evangelical in faith and baptistic in practice. Grace Bible Fellowship (GBF) is located just 40 miles north of Portland, Oregon in the city of Kelso, Washington. We exist to worship God with all of our lives, make disciples, proclaim the truth of God’s perfect Word, and actively share the message of salvation with those living in darkness. Our vision statement is “Real people, coming to know the real God, leading to real transformation.”
Grace Bible Fellowship is seeking a part-time youth pastor (15 hours/week) with musical abilities (preferably guitar). The position is currently part time, but as the church continues to grow this will transition into a full-time position. The objective is straight-forward: To re-build a stagnant youth program that will make disciples and reach out to a hurting and broken world.
As mentioned, GBF is a growing and vibrant church, but the majority of the congregation is middle-aged or older. We do have some young families joining (three new babies in the past four months, but are currently averaging just 4-6 in the high school youth group on Wednesday nights and 10-15 on Sunday mornings.
So, we are seeking a godly man who:
1. Actively lives his life in accordance with the requirements of a ministry leader established in 1Timothy 3 and Titus 1.
2. Has experience as a leader in youth ministry.
3. Has the energy and vision to re-build and re-energize a stagnant youth ministry.
4. Can connect with the youth, yet be a mature leader who can lead by word and example.
5. Will build into the lives of the youth by connecting with them beyond youth group and Sunday mornings.
6. Can develop an exciting / engaging / enriching ministry for the youth- including time connecting with God through worship and His Word, as well as the challenge to live their faith, but also fun events, activities, and outings that will build relationships and be a draw for other youth.
7. Can perform administrative tasks, such as leading youth leadership meetings (We have a number of volunteer youth ministry leaders currently serving), evaluating and determining whether new curriculum is in order, researching different ministry resources that could be of benefit, connecting with other youth pastors in the community, and the creation of a new youth calendar of events.
8. Can lead musical worship for the youth, with an interest in being involved with the Sunday morning worship team as time progresses.
Specific breakdown of ministry tasks:
1. Lesson / event / worship development (5-6 hours / week)
2. Leading youth group and Sunday morning youth Sunday School (3-4 hours / week)
3. Ministry advancement, including vision development, youth leadership meetings, establishment of goals, establishment of an operational plan to get there, the collection and implementation of different resources for growing a youth ministry, etc. (2-3 hours / week)
4. Outside interaction with youth (Sporting events, coffee, outings) 4-6 hours / week.
Expense Account: A $75.00 / month expense account will be made available for mileage (non-commute), outings with the youth, personal ministry books/resources, etc. This can increase as needed.
Vacation: Two weeks of paid vacation per year
Moving: GBF will support your move to the Longview / Kelso area through the rental of a U-Haul and volunteers from the church as labor.
All inquiries and applicants please contact Pastor Jon Donohue at 360-200-3911, or send resume and applicable materials to email@example.com, or Grace Bible Fellowship, ATTN: Jon Donohue, 703 Grant St., Kelso, WA 98626.