Associate Creative Arts Director
The Chambersburg First Church of God has an incredible opportunity for a highly qualified candidate as we seek God’s will to hire a part-time (20 hours a week) Associate Creative Arts Director.
The Associate Creative Arts Director will work to enhance the United Worship Experience service with music, drama and technology. This includes working with tech, vocal, and instrumental teams to ensure that worship plans fit with the sermon series themes
for any given Sunday. It also includes working alongside the Production Coordinator to integrating technology such as creative slide graphics, lighting and other technical attributes to create professional high-quality services. From the first minute of the
service to the last, the Associate Creative Arts Director will plan, implement, and evaluate Sunday morning service elements such as musical performances, worship, videos, and other media.
- A clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a vital, growing relationship with Him and a lifestyle that reflects a high standard of godliness by behavior, speech, and attitude evident by personal prayer, obedience to the Word of God, and proven ability
to discern the Lord's will and guidance in decision-making.
- A staff member who strives to live in such a way as to bring the utmost respect in representing the church
- A visionary who is creative in leading people to God
- A routine financial supporter through regular tithes and offerings
- To ensure worship planning, volunteer manpower, practice, and integrated technology are available for the United Worship Experience.
- To provide visionary leadership for a worship team to ensure creative, high-quality worship services are produced each week
- To work with the Production Coordinator and volunteers to carry out the overall mission and vision of the church
- Able to give detailed instruction to volunteer teams to improve their excellence, including tech, instrumentalist, and vocalist teams
- Skilled in the use of Mediashout or other projection technologies such as Songshow, Easyworship, or ProPresenter
- An in-depth knowledge of music theory and able to create musical lead sheets for worship teams
- Skilled in maintaining detailed online planning using websites such as Planning Center
- Comfortable with the use of professional lighting technology, including DMX and Elation lighting software
- Comfortable with digital sound boards such the Yamaha LS9 and able to troubleshoot problems associated with it
- An overall understanding of the mechanics of worship leading, including stage presence and performance techniques
- Possess relational skills and has an enthusiastic presence for leading a growing church
- Creative, out-of-the-box thinker – not afraid to try new ideas
- Skilled in organization, administration and interpersonal relationships
- A self-motivated team player with a positive attitude
- Membership in the Chambersburg First Church of God
- This position will report to the Production Coordinator and will be accountable to the Elders
- The performance of the responsibilities will be evaluated by the Production Coordinator and Elders
- Lead and direct volunteer teams on rehearsal nights (Thursdays) and during worship experiences (Sundays)
- Ensure the proper set up and tear down of United Worship Experience sound and lighting equipment for rehearsals, experiences, and other special events
- Input song lyrics into projection (see qualifications)
- Create worship lead sheets for worship team
- Post lead sheets, mp3’s, and click tracks to Planning Center
- Ensure dynamic light shows for Sunday services using professional lighting software
- Assist the Production Coordinator in recruiting and auditioning instrumentalists and vocalists for all services
- Assist the Production Coordinator in technical requirements of weekend worship services and special events
- Schedule worship and tech teams and create weekly service outlines using Planning Center (see qualifications)
- Maintain a detailed calendar for planning purposes as it relates to scheduling volunteers to ensure coverage and communication for multiple teams
- Provide training as needed to ministry volunteers
- Responsible for working with the Production Coordinator on a week to week basis so that needs specific to the their worship service will be met
- Assist the Production Coordinator with tech and/or worship needs for weekly events such as Wednesday Power Ministry meetings and for special events such as baptisms and community outreach projects
- Attend weekly planning meetings with the Production Coordinator
- 2 years experience in worship leading
- 2 year experience in working with or leading a dynamic volunteer team
The Chambersburg First Church of God is located about 1 mile from exit 17 of I-81 in Chambersburg, PA. In 2007 we relocated from the downtown area to a beautiful new church on 24 acres. We had a need to build a larger facility due to our growing attendance
that has reached an average of approximately 1000.
We have a total of 7 full time and part time professional and administrative staff. We have many active ministries including 4 styles of worship on Sunday and Family night ministries on Wednesday evenings. These 4 different styles allow us to offer several
different contemporary worship services with a modern flair while also offering the traditions that have been common in the last decades. Please visit our website at www.cfcog.cc for more information about our services (Traditions, Celebration, Encounter,
and United Worship Experience). There you will find many useful links and pics that will allow you to learn more about what our awesome church has to offer.
To apply for the position, please send each of these items listed below to email@example.com in either WORD or PDF format. Please put only your last name in the subject line of your email so that the committee can sort your email efficiently during our
review process. Only applications with the following items completed will be acknowledged and reviewed.
- Cover letter introducing yourself (pictures of self and family highly encouraged but not required)
- Resume, which should address qualifications as completely as possible
- Links to demonstrate your worship leading, which will most certainly aid us in reviewing your info
As part of the search committee’s due diligence, rest assured that our goal is to review candidates promptly with additional instructions returning to you within 48 hours of your submission. Thank you for your interest in the Chambersburg First Church of
God. We hope that you are as excited about this position as we are.