This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Irvine Presbyterian Church
Irvine, California, United States
Date Posted: 07/31/2008
Categories: Christian Education
Church Size: Not Applicable
Job Type: Part-Time
JOB TITLE: Childcare Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Director of Children’s Ministries
Leadership for childcare ministry, ages birth through pre-kindergarten; Recruit, train, schedule and supervise all paid and volunteer childcare staff. Oversee maintenance of childcare facilities. Implement a systematic approach to childcare issues to help ensure a clean, safe, loving environment staffed by competent, first aid and CPR certified trained staff.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITY AND AUTHORITY:
1. Be present for or assign a lead sitter to be present for IPC events requiring childcare.
2. Schedule childcare and follow through assignments for all church functions as requested.
3. Recruit paid childcare staff, including lead sitters.
4. Supervise and train all childcare staff, both paid and volunteer.
5. Coordinate with Director and Associate Directors of Children’s Ministries to evaluate church school curriculum for ages 3—pre-K.
6. Communicate to facilities staff regarding maintenance requests and needs.
7. Promote excellent communication with families of infants, toddlers and preschoolers (those regularly using child care services) in regards to childcare needs, policies and procedures.
8. Create and implement a co-operative nursery/toddler rotation program for nursery /toddler parents on Sunday mornings, if needed.
9. Maintain close communication with program staff regarding upcoming events.
10. Ensure that the church’s Child Abuse Prevention and Reporting Policy as well as the Childcare Policies and Procedures Manual are implemented and adhere to by all childcare paid and volunteer staff.
11. All other duties as assigned.
Part Time Position: hours vary, (8 – 15 hours per week)
Hourly Rate: $18.20