This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Bookkeeper / Accounting
Church on the Green
Sun City West, Arizona, United States
Date Posted: 07/28/2008
Categories: Non-ministry Jobs
Denominations: Assemblies of God
Church Size: 351 to 500
Job Type: Full-Time
ACCOUNTABLE TO: Executive Administrative Pastor
PURPOSE: To serve the church by providing appropriate and accurate accounting and business records for the church.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Maintain appropriate and accurate financial records, such as:
a. accounts payable and receivable;
c. general ledger;
d. monthly income statement and balance sheet;
e. bank accounts;
f. investment and other special accounts;
g. tax reporting;
h. individual confidential contribution records.
2. Prepare and make appropriate weekly bank deposits.
3. Receive, record and acknowledge memorial gifts to the church.
4. Prepare and mail quarterly and annual giving statements to donors.
5. Assist the Senior Pastor, Board and Executive Administrative Pastor in developing and preparing the church budget.
6. Weekly payroll, quarterly and annual reports including IRS and State documents.
7. Cooperate with outside auditors in the annual audit process.
8. Coordinate the counting of offering income.
9. Regular communication with the Executive Administrative Pastor of the board regarding financial and fiscal wellness of the church.
10. Prepare monthly financial report of the church board.
11. Attend regular staff meetings.
12. Cooperate with the Pastoral Staff by performing any other duties when asked to do so.
13. Willingness and ability to work well with a variety of people, congregational members.
1. Must have prior knowledge and use of computers.
2. Computer literate in Microsoft products.
3. Knowledge of Power Church and or Shelby Accounting software.
4. Ability to learn and become proficient in Power Church or Shelby software.
1. Must have a strong knowledge of Payroll including IRS and State requirements.
2. Must have knowledge of State and National employment requirements and documentation.
3. Prior bookkeeping or similar type work preferred.
1. High School diploma or G.E.D.
2. Some college or trade school degree or certificate.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
1. Able to perform bookkeeping duties consistently.
2. Ability to communicate well both written and verbally.
3. Ability to read, understand and follow directions.
4. Ability to work with others in a religious atmosphere.
5. Understanding of proper bookkeeping and accounting practices.
6. Follow established personnel policies and procedures.
7. Take safety precautions and obey safety procedures.
1. Noise level is low.
2. Non-smoking, Non-alcoholic environment
3. Clean dress required, appropriate for office working conditions.
1. Does not require attendance at Church on the Green.
2. On special events individual may be required to attend services to assist with offerings or other accounting duties.
3. Individual is encouraged to attend and to be active in a Church of their preference.
Please Mail resumes to: Church on the Green, 19051 RH Johnson Blvd., Sun City West, AZ 85375, Attention: Administrative Pastor.