This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Ocoee Oaks Church
Ocoee, Florida, United States
Date Posted: 07/28/2008
Categories: Worship Pastor
Denominations: United Methodist
Church Size: 351 to 500
Job Type: Part-Time
Ocoee Oaks Church, a Purpose-Driven church in the beautiful Central Florida area, is seeking a highly motivated, well rounded part-time keyboard musician to accompany its broad range of worship offerings. Ocoee Oaks Church is a growing congregation affiliated with the United Methodist Church, and is currently averaging 400-500 congregants in weekly attendance at three distinctly different worship experiences. There is a traditional service at 8:30am on Sunday, followed by a contemporary service at 11:00. On Monday evenings at 7:00pm, we offer a very contemporary service in a coffee house atmosphere. Ocoee Oaks Choir and Praise Teams rehearse each Wednesday evening. Ocoee Oaks Church is worshipping in a brand new facility, and is fortunate to have some of the best audio equipment available, including a new Roland RD-700 stage piano midied with a Roland XP-30 synthesizer.
Ocoee Oaks is passionate about worship and endeavors to produce musically dynamic and innovative worship experiences. The candidate we are seeking should possess the following attributes:
1. A growing walk with the Lord, evidenced by a Christian lifestyle.
2. Strong sight-reading skills including chord charts and lead sheets.
3. Ability to correctly interpret a variety of musical styles, from hymns to jazz to rock, with a major emphasis on contemporary styles. In other words, possess the ability to play four part hymn style vocal accompaniment at one service, and know how to properly voice G13(#11) at the next.
4. Ability to creatively work within a team environment.
5. Ability to groove as a member of a rhythm section at one moment, and play a classical solo for an offertory the next.
Ocoee Oaks is blessed to have a strong group of professional musicians and singers on board for our services. The person we are looking for should have some professional experience in secular music, as well as a church music background, both evidenced by resume. Vocal ability, though not required, would be a definite plus. We are pleased to offer a very competitive part-time salary in line with professional pay scales in the area. This position reports to the Director of Worship and Music. For further information, please contact the Director of Music by email; no phone calls please. Resumes may also be submitted via email. Any audio/video recordings documenting your abilities would be helpful as well.