Timberlake is a strategic, results oriented church focused on reaching people for Jesus, and we are currently looking for a Business Administrator. The primary responsibility for this position will be performing detailed financial analysis, maintaining summaries of balance sheet accounts, performing detailed variance analytics, and improving existing internal controls.
Ask yourself the following questions to see if you’re the ideal candidate:
- Are you an extremely detailed person?
-Do you have a high view of 'serving as part of discipleship'? Do you have a history of personally serving the church?
-Can you establish big picture goals, AND see these goals through with execution of details?
-Do you have experience leading high-level leaders and oversight of staff?
-Can you function on a team where change is rapid and work is evaluated on performance?
-Are you be a self-motivated starter?
Financial Statement Review:
- Perform detailed analysis of: Balance Sheet, Statement of Net Income, Statement of Net Assets, and Statement of Cash Flows.
- Maintain summaries of significant balance sheet accounts such as: Cash, Investments, Accounts Receivable, Fixed Assets, Accrued Liabilities, and Debt.
- Perform detailed variance analytics of financial statements in whole, and individual accounts.
Internal Control & System Development:
- Document, analyze, recommend, and implement improvements to existing internal controls.
- Continually strive for constant and never ending improvement in all areas of business.
- Lead a volunteer IT Team/and perform IT functions
- Manage any contract employees execution of duties and contract compliance
- Maintain network in good working order
- Order and set up computers for new employees
- Oversee Fellowship One Data System
- Handle all paperwork for new hires
- Handle all paperwork for terminations
- Handle all paper for workers comp and unemployment claims
- Monthly reconciliation of medical/dental bills
- Completion of payroll for all employees
- Management of benefits for employees
- Oversee the office staff
- Develop and maintain all policy and procedure manuals
- Oversee the Maintenance of the Master Calendar
- Oversee the ordering office supplies
- Oversee all vendor contracts
- Serve as Risk Manager
- Develop policy and procedure manuals
- As Assigned
This position requires a positive attitude, high relational intelligence, an ability to plan and execute strategic business ventures, and an eye for detail. The ideal candidate will be experienced in leading teams, managing budgets, and have a past record of high performance. Must be ready to provide solutions, have a propensity to joy, be a future thinker, and be a self starter.
- A team player who is a life long learner
- A willingness to work 60+ hours when needed
- An ability to move, change and grow at a very fast pace
- A passion for sharing the hope of Jesus with people of all ages
- Proven organizational skills with attention to detail
- Ability to connect with and lead high level leaders.
Currently serving on a volunteer team at Timberlake or at your local church
Faithful history of tithing at Timberlake or at your local church
No past due Red Box movies on your account
If this is you, then we want to talk to you. Pleas send your application packet to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Here's the process:
1. Take Some Tests:
Strength Finder's 2.0 (purchase and read the book and take the test. Don't buy a used book — the code to take the test is only valid for a single use.)
DISC Leadership Profile (Pay online, click through any browser warnings — no worries. It'll all be fine.)
2. Self Discovery:
Complete this "Work History & Self Assessment" form. Make sure to include the results from the tests completed in step 1.
3. Assemble your application packet:
Your finished application packet should include the following:
1. Resume including at least 3 references
2. Work History & Self Assessment" form.
4. Send it in!
Please make sure you've completed each of the steps and send to: email@example.com
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Executive PastorThe Meeting House
- Carlisle, Pennsylvania
- January 23
Accounting SpecialistRock Point Church
- Queen Creek, Arizona
- January 18
Business ManagerGrace Community Church
- Fremont, Ohio
- January 18
Executive PastorThe Worship Place
- Georgetown, Texas
- January 17
Church AccountantAdvent United Methodist Church
- Simpsonville, South Carolina
- January 15