General Purpose: Provide personal administrative support to the Senior Pastor and assistance to the church staff. Work with the Sr. Pastor to prepare him to communicate strategic goals and vision and provide the catalyzing challenges and
activities to the staff insuring LCC remains true to its purpose. Assist the staff in goal setting, planning, prioritizing, and ministry implementation toward our agreed mission. Monitor the personal and spiritual health of the staff, ensuring high morale.
Maintain efficient and effective lines of communication between the staff, ministry leaders and Senior Pastor. Coordinate weekly staff meetings and other activities designed to clarify and execute LCC goals and objectives. Ensure staffing, facilities and programs
are appropriately and effectively aligned to best meet LCC’s vision and mission. Assemble staff task forces as necessary for project/program development and coordination.
- Must have made a personal commitment to Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior and must demonstrate the reality of that relationship through their life and testimony.
- Must have ministry experience in working with both adults and youth, and the ability to relate to them on a personal and spiritual level.
- Must have a Christ like attitude that is accepting and inclusive of all the diverse parts of the body of Christ.
- Must be self-directed, high-energy, and enthusiastic and self-motivated with a history of success, while at the same time, maintaining a teachable and humble spirit.
- Must possess a strong fervor for reaching the lost and helping the Church reach the community through evangelism, service, outreach, and personal relationships.
- Must have proven interpersonal and conflict management skills and be able to make decisions in keeping with the vision, policies, and practices of Life
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Prepare and edit correspondence, communications, presentations and other documents
- File and retrieve documents and reference materials
- Conduct research, assemble and analyze data to prepare reports and documents
- Design and maintain databases - work with staff to implement our new software program “fellowship one”.
- Manage and maintain executives schedules, appointments and travel arrangements
- Arrange and coordinate meetings and events
- Record, transcribe and distribute minutes of meetings - This is especially important in regard to trustee, elder, and Vision community meetings.
- Monitor, respond to and distribute incoming communications - Oversees that all cards and correspondence letters are sent out in a timely manner.
- Answer and manage incoming calls, text, and emails
- Receive and interact with incoming visitors
- Liaise with internal staff at all levels
- Interact with external clients
- Co-ordinate project-based work
- Review operating policies and procedures and implement improvements where necessary –
Baptism, Discovery I, II, III, IV, Greeter ministry, Office staff manual, Elders, Trustees development.
- Supervise, coach and train lower level staff and volunteers
Education and Experience
- Usually at least 3 years experience providing support at the executive level -
An equivalent level of ministry experience will be considered.
- Proficient computer skills and in-depth knowledge of relevant software such as MS Office Suite
- Knowledge of standard office administrative practices and procedures
- Bachelors degree an advantage
- Organizational and planning skills
- Communication skills
- Information gathering and information monitoring skills
- Problem analysis and problem solving skills
- Judgment and decision-making ability
- Initiative – forward thinking
- Attention to detail and accuracy
We follow the "your church" compensation guide