This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Menlo Park Presbyterian Church
San Mateo , California, United States
Date Posted: 08/30/2008
Categories: Other Pastor
Denominations: Presbyterian -- PCUSA
Church Size: 3001 to 4000
Job Type: Full-Time
The Campus Minister is responsible for leading the staff and congregation in the creation of a campus community that fulfills the mission of MPPC and the goals of the campus. Primary responsibilities include:
• Development and leadership of the campus staff and lay leadership teams that will launch the campus and work toward the campus goals.
• Growing the campus by attracting unchurched people and helping them to know Jesus, feel a part of a church family, and develop spiritually.
• Overseeing the health of the campus, including all ministries, the membership process, and the overall finances of the campus.
• Becoming the “face with the place” by communicating as the primary platform speaker, greeter, and vision caster of the congregation.
• Working effectively with other parts of MPPC to deliver campus ministries that are consistent with MPPC’s DNA.
• Ensuring that the spiritual, emotional, marital, and vocational welfare of the staff and lay leaders is being supported.
• Ensuring that a spirit of bridge building and cooperation exists relative to other local churches, organizations, and civic leaders in the local area.
The Multi Site Minister must:
• Be a devoted follower of Christ
• Have demonstrated ministry effectiveness
• Be a proven leader and developer of leaders
o Able to identify, recruit and develop leaders and lead healthy teams
o Committed to helping people find roles that lead to effectiveness and personal growth
o Flexible and able to lead others through change
o Skilled at monitoring and managing resources.
• Fully embrace MPPC’s mission and the goals of the Multi-Site Initiative
• Be trustworthy and able to build trust
• Be able to understand and relate well to the people in the community surrounding the campus
• Possess a passion for the Kingdom (Outreach and Mission)
In addition, the ideal candidate will have many of the following characteristics:
• Ability to communicate upfront in a way that is both relational and inspiring (someone that others want to follow).
• Strong understanding of MPPC’s DNA
• Shepherding and discipleship gifts
• Teaching gifts
The Campus Minister will report to the Executive Pastor, and receive coaching from both the Senior Pastor and Executive Pastor.