This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
High School Ministries Associate
Irvine Presbyterian Church
Irvine, California, United States
Date Posted: 07/24/2008
Categories: Christian Education
Church Size: Not Applicable
Job Type: Part-Time
The Associate Director of High School Ministries will work in close partnership with and at the direction of the Director of High School Ministries in develo nd implementing a high school program that will seek to make high school students life long disciples of Jesus Christ. Responsibilities will also include working with the Director of High School Ministries to recruit and equip lay leaders. It is important for this person to develop relationships with students, lay leaders and parents. Responsibilities for specific programs and events may change as determined appropriately by the Director of High School Ministries.
1. Adult Ministry Team: recruit, disciple, and equip an adult leadership team to lead elements of the ministry program(s).
2. Contact Ministry: Develop relationships with students, entering into their world, spending time with them, listening to their concerns, and helping them to grow as disciples.
3. Ministry Programs: Assist in develo nd implementing ministry programs.
4. Events: Assist with planning and implementing special events and trips including, but not limited to, the December Overnighter, Snow Boarding trip, Summer Kick Off trip and Summer Camp. Responsibilities also include the development of the program and teaching for such events.
5. Pizza Lunch: Assist in organizing and implementing the Friday Pizza Lunch program.
6. Ministry Project/Event: The High School Associate will prayerfully plan a special ministry project or event which he/she will lead. This event or project will give the Associate the opportunity to further his/her ministry skills while under the supervision of the High School Director.
7. Administrative Responsibilities: Assist director with general administrative duties such as camp registration, student data base maintenance and communications.
8. Meetings: Attend and/or participate as appropriate.
All other duties as assigned.